Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luvcrusin'

What to choose in Bora Bora??

Who cares what his website says, I'm going. He looks too good to pass up. LOL:p I actually signed up for a course called French for Travellers. So, while I'm batting my eyelashes at Damian, maybe I can say a few words to him in French. Hey, just because I'm almost 50, doesn't mean I'm dead!!!:D

Well, Rose, you have started quite a stir here.......we ALL want time with Damian!! And here I thought I might not find anything interesting to do on Bora Bora.......our group of couples is totally excited about this excursion, well the female half, of course we haven't told our husbands WHY we have choosen this particular one!!!:D What they don't know won't hurt them!:rolleyes:

KAthy

What husbands don't know, won't hurt them. Besides, you don't think they will be ogling the beautiful young Tahitian ladies? Kathy, I want to hear all about your excursion with Damian when you get back. I don't go until January 26. Aaaah, something to look forward to while I'm sloshing through the snow this winter.;)

Yahoo - we finally got an email response from Damien! We are sending him our deposit tomorrow for his 4 hour tour on Thursday, October 5th when we arrive in Bora Bora. We are really looking forward to this tour for many reasons. Thanks to all the CCer's who helped me in getting the correct email address for him. You are the best!

I'm looking forward to your report on Damian's excursion. Of course, pictures (of Damian) would be great too. ;) ;)

The other address for Damian that I've seen on a roll call is ddunand@yahoo.fr Perhaps you can try this one if you do not get a response.

The Aqua Safari was fantastic! DH isn't a swimmer/into watersports, but he loved this! There were so many fish, and it was just an amazing experience for non-divers. Highly recommend.

It also only takes up a couple of hours of your time there so there's time leftover to do other stuff. We went to Matira Beach, had lunch at a restaurant near there (Le Matira Beach Restaurant I believe), and then had drinks at Bloody Mary's. Very fun. Be sure to check out the bathroom at BMs...

Yahoo - we finally got an email response from Damien! We are sending him our deposit tomorrow for his 4 hour tour on Thursday, October 5th when we arrive in Bora Bora. We are really looking forward to this tour for many reasons. Thanks to all the CCer's who helped me in getting the correct email address for him. You are the best!

Please tell me the correct email address for Damien, and how much for the 4 hour tour?:)

thanks

ddunand@yahoo.fr is the email address that Damien responded from last time I emailed him so I'd try there first.

My wife and I did his excursion back in March, and up until then I had not heard anything about it, but it is GREAT!! We had a fantastic time. He takes 2 - 4 couples out for 2 - 4 hours depending on what you set up ahead of time and goes around the whole island stopping to explain the different parts of the island/water/lagoons. He stops twice for snorkeling...once in a coral garden type area with lots of fish, and once in a private lagoon that he's allowed to use with lots of smaller fish. One of the best things is that he takes pictures of each couple, both on the boat and in the water and then burns you a CD with the pictures on them...all for the original price. By the way, he's an excellent photographer and you'll love the pictures that you get. The price, at least back in March was $75 per person for the 4 hours, and it was well worth it.

The email address he finally responded to is the damien@boraboraphotolagon.com address.

The 4 hour tour is $100.00 per person. He asked for a $60.00 deposit for the two of us which we mailed to him.

The 2 hour tour was $60.00 per person.

The photo CD costs an additional $60 or $80 - sorry I don't remember right now. Good Luck!

When we arrived at Bora Bora, we found Damien at the pier and booked his tour right there. The water was a bit choppy, but he took us to a place to snorkel that was terrific. He threw bread in the water, and because the current was a bit strong for me, I stayed close to the boat and saw the most amazing fish. I wouldn't hesitate going on another tour with him in the future.

FWIW, he came to Bora Bora from the French Riviera 5 years ago, I think. He liked it so much that he stayed. His major in college was Business and Tourism and he's very knowlegable about the ecology of the reef.

Best regards from Honolulu -- our last night before heading back home! Too bad this had to end!

Richard

Wow, he's now charging for the CD and his prices have gone up? That makes it a bit pricey but still worth the money. Makes me feel like we got a great deal though!

Wow, those are pretty hefty prices. As soon as these tours become popular, their prices seem to rise (i.e. Frank in Raiatea). Oh, well, I guess Paradise isn't cheap!

We will be in Bora Bora form 12:00 noon the first day until 5:00PM the second day. We can only do so much....help us decide! Teiva Tours' date=' Waverunners, Taravana Sunset cruise[/b']? So much to do, so little time.:eek:

For those of you who have "been there, done that".....what do you recommend?:confused:

Kathy

I HIGHLY rec. the underwater helmet dive!! It has been the BEST excursion I have ever done!!!! It is a MUST do!!! Forget everything else!!! If you can only do one thing.. DO THIS!!! :D

We were on the 15Aug06 which had a day and time shift getting into BB, plus excursion cancellations, but we went on 2 Princess excursions. The best was the Snorkel Safari and Ray Ballet. You spend about 30 minutes at each of the 2 stops. Getting into the boat wasn't the easist, but a good excursion all the same. Some CC members took the Taravana Sunset and loved it, their pictures were great.

Okay....we just left Rartonga and we are on our way to Bora Bora in a few days...I goofed booking with Damien. I booked him for the 5th and I booked the Tara Vana Cruise as well. I meant to book him for the 6th. Since we paid for the Tara Vana cruise, I have to cancel with Damien.:( He doesn't have room for us for the 6th. We are disappointed, but I know that there be other fabulous tours, but I am running out of time!

How can I book the helmut dive? Is it through the ship? Any other FAST recommendations?

By the way.....this cruise is amazing!! Beauty abounds every where you look!!

Kathy