Category SS Cabin Choice

tonygreggaz

Hi everyone! We are getting ready to book our first HAL cruise after celebrity and RCCL. Based on everyone's input here, I think that we are going to go for the SS category and now have a question on cabin selection. It looks like 5001 and 5002 are handicap accessible. Given this, am I right that if we book they can bump us later...makes sense and I think that this is a good policy. Given that, it looks like 6052 has an interesting balcony as it is where the ship angels in. Is this an OK room...or, any of the other SS category on deck six better. Are there other decks/cabins that you have stayed you can recommend?

As always, we appreciate the input!

Best,

Tony / Gregg

We were in 8038 on the O-dam which was a little forward, convenient to the elevators and easy to get to the Vista Lounge, but we were right under the ping pong tables and it was a little noisy during the day, OK at night. I would suggest the middle of the ship on either deck 6 bor 8. We had "rough" seas one day and that ship hardly had any sway. I was very impressed.

we stayed in 6060 on the Oosterdam and loved it, midship and close to the elevators, 6052 is a good cabin, it's a little larger than the standard SS, I plan to go for that one on the westerdam next spring

Archived