South America cruise question

sandbag7

Oceania offers Rio to Buenos Aires cruises for both 2006 and 2007; I don't know if they did this last year. My question is: Has anyone done this itinerary, and if so, how easy is it to book independent arrangements to Iguazu Falls?

Oceania offers Rio to Buenos Aires cruises for both 2006 and 2007; I don't know if they did this last year. My question is: Has anyone done this itinerary, and if so, how easy is it to book independent arrangements to Iguazu Falls?

It's very easy to book on your own. There are many good tour company's that have a package deal which includes air/hotel/tour. You can pre-arrange it before your trip or do it once you get there, though most people like to have the details "sewn up" before their trip. It's probably best to book it during a pre or post cruise stay in either Rio or BA. You can get to the falls from either city and (obviously) one will take you to the Brazillian side of the falls and one the Argentine side.

If you'd like the names of any tour co's let me know. I have a couple and I'm sure many people here also have good recommendations.

Jane

We did the Iguazu Falls in 2004 after we ended our cruise in Buenos Aires. We dropped off our bags at the Marriott and went to the airport for our flight to Iguazu Falls. We stayed at the Sheraton and did both sides of the Falls. We flew back to Buenos Aires the next day and back to the Marriott for a night. We used a private tour group and they had wonderful guides meet us at the airport both ways. This is a MUST SEE. The people on the ship who didn't make arrangements to stay after to see the Falls knew they missed a wonderful sight!!!! It is expensive, but you might only get one chance to do this. I forgot the name of our private company, but if you go to the S.A. ports section of Cruise Critic, you will probably find a lot of info there.

Sheila

Many people who were on the cruise we were on, chose to just go with the ship arranged trip to the falls , which cost about $799.00 per person.

You just have to pre book it before the cruise as it sells out.

Hi Claudia,

I just checked the Oceania brochure and the overnight tour to Iguazu Falls staying at the wonderful Sheraton Internacional Hotel with a view of the Falls is now $1,299 per person from Buenos Aires. I also checked the South American ports section of CC and there are numerous posts re Iguazu Falls. One of the posters "Dileep" has posted the most incredible photos of the Falls and the name of his tour operator.

Sheila

We have not done this cruise, but after our Santiago to Buenos Aires cruise 2 years ago we went to Iguazu. Our TA booked everything through City Services in Buenos Aires (flights, Sheraton for 2 nights, tours, transfers). Our guide was Ana Galli of Representour. She was excellent. Our whole package was about $1,200.

We highly recommend that you spend 2 nights at the falls so you have plenty time to see both the Argentine and the Brazilian sides. The views are very different. And do stay at the Sheraton. You get a distant view of the falls from there, and can walk to most of the Argentine views. All the other hotels are a drive from both sides of the falls.

Betty

We did the Falls from B/A. with Oceania, at that time it was 999.00. which included 1 night in B/A, transfer to airport flight and Sheraton hotel plus tours for 1 day. dinner and transfer to ship when returned to B/A.

• 2 years later...
It's very easy to book on your own. There are many good tour company's that have a package deal which includes air/hotel/tour. You can pre-arrange it before your trip or do it once you get there, though most people like to have the details "sewn up" before their trip. It's probably best to book it during a pre or post cruise stay in either Rio or BA. You can get to the falls from either city and (obviously) one will take you to the Brazillian side of the falls and one the Argentine side.

If you'd like the names of any tour co's let me know. I have a couple and I'm sure many people here also have good recommendations.

Jane

Jane

If you would provide the name and contact info of your tour company that would be appreciated

We have not done this cruise, but after our Santiago to Buenos Aires cruise 2 years ago we went to Iguazu. Our TA booked everything through City Services in Buenos Aires (flights, Sheraton for 2 nights, tours, transfers). Our guide was Ana Galli of Representour. She was excellent. Our whole package was about $1,200.

We highly recommend that you spend 2 nights at the falls so you have plenty time to see both the Argentine and the Brazilian sides. The views are very different. And do stay at the Sheraton. You get a distant view of the falls from there, and can walk to most of the Argentine views. All the other hotels are a drive from both sides of the falls.

Betty

Betty

When convenient, please provide us with the contact information for City Services and Ana Galli

Tried to google City Services and drew a blank

Thanks

Archived