Cruise Time On The Miracle! 8/20-8/27

The day is here!

I am writing from the Doubletree in Tampa as we get ready to head to the Miracle.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be checking in from the ship a few times this week.

Trip started off well - JetBlue from JFK (was supposed to be Newark, but Jet Blue stopped their Tampa service from there earlier this year so we had to switch to JFK). Not a big deal, no traffic to JFK, so we made the trip in about an hour. Parked off site (Avistar), dropped in front of the terminal, through security, to the gate. Door to Gate - 2 hrs. Not bad at all. Of course we then had 2 hrs to kill in the airport - but better early than late.

Nice flight to Tampa - love JetBlue, the TV's keep the kids occupied. That is one of the reasons we stayed with JetBlue even though we had to go to JFK for the flight.

Luggage was waiting for us by the time we made it over to baggage claim, quick call to the Doubletree Westshort, and about 40 minutes after landing we were at the hotel.

Hotel is nice - not as nice as some of Doubletrees I have stayed at before. It is not a suite - just a regular hotel room. Signed up for the free shuttle to pier - leaving at 11am. The shuttle service is every 30 minutes, 24,x7 and will take you anywhere in the area for free. We headed out to a Ruby Tuesday a few miles away for dinner. My sister went shopping, although I am not sure where. They did recommend the 24x7 Walmart for food (and other) shopping. Swimming pool/hot tub was nice. A/C was a bit noisy, but the bed was comfy, and the room/hotel was clean. Heading for breakfast now. Not a bad choice for one night, and the free transfers are nice.

Will check in later today from the ship (geek that I am, I brought my laptop).

Ed

Hey Ed! We saw the Miracle while still in port about 12pm yesterday, we were driving on 275N and from this tall highway, you can see all the way over structures to the port where, my DD9 pointed out she could see the fantail funnel and the waterslide!! We were actually at the FL Aquarium and Channelside last Sunday and had the pleasure of seeing those folks off and even watched the munster drill from Mama Margarita's sipping cocktails. I have already been informed that when we sail on the Miracle, we are going in a balcony on that ship!!! LOL

I still get a high just being there, even if were aren't the ones sailing that week!

Hope you have a great cruise and encounter beautiful weather at every port!

See you next Sunday!

Please let me know if the rumor is true about George the Greek having a Heart Attack. Someone who was on Inspiration posted it on line. I sure hope not. I was looking forward to seeing him soon.

Archived