8/10 - 8/14 Enchantment Review

LSM1018

One more thing Niya, I saw your room. I went on a tour. What a treat you are in for. Tell Eulalee that the Smythes say hello. We loved her. She always had a smile on her face and kept our room tidy and clean always.

Unlike my room - a GS - I understand that your room is nice and quiet - soundproof apparently. I never in my life heard so much "thunder" overhead. At 5am every morning there were carts rolling around in the Windjammer directly over my room. The woman who had your room never heard a thing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing our room now! Hopefully we won't have too much trouble with the noise but I always travel with earplugs anyway just in case. If we're lucky enough to have Eulalee as a room attendant I'll tell her you said hello :)

Lisa, I am glad that your timing worked out after all, too. :)

In case you didn't realize from my wording or haven't read my posts in years gone by, I missed my cruise in Fort Lauderdale and THOUGHT that I could catch up with it in Key West. :rolleyes: (if you care, you can click on the links in my signature next to "Jewel")

CAROL!!!!

I just spent almost 45 minutes reading your first Jewel link, and I was so depressed, and then SO HAPPY!!!! And, I DO CARE! Your posts are ones I always look forward to reading, but I must have been in a cruise slump back then and missed that one.

It sounds like you were getting to the port in plenty of time and still got the shaft. I guess I could drive to most of the east coast ports if I had to. I am a lot closer to Florida than you are. So, the moral of the story for me is: "Don't book a flight later than it would take me to drive to the port." It worked so well this time, I almost considered doing it again in December.

Thanks for the roller coaster ride.......... ;)

Thanks for a great review! My two sisters are treating me to a first-ever sister's vacation in honor of my upcoming 50th birthday. Boy, it sure sounds like we'll have a wonderful cruise and it'll be quite a treat for us. We sail on 9/11, 5 day.

Cathy from Elgin, Illinois

I was so surprised, 1st time reading boards for this trip and I see someone else from ELGIN!!!...and we just booked Enchantment for Oct 9th....I also enjoyed the review....sister's cruise sounds fun...Can't wait...we need this BAD!!! Can't wait to hear about your cruise!!!

• 1 year later...
Part 1....

We arrived at our cabin to find we were assigned cabin 3123, which is an access cabin on deck 3. I hoped we had not deprived someone else a cruise because we were in that stateroom. I won’t say any more about the stateroom. Our attendant was Richard from Jamaica, and he was WONDERFUL. He had robes waiting for all of us and said he didn’t want to leave just one for me because the other girls would be jealous. He brought us goodies every night. We had lotions and shampoos and chocolate and coffee and the C&A picture frames. Again, Richard was THE BEST!

Do you happen to have any pictures of this cabin as we are assigned this cabin, by choice, at the end of this month. Any pictures would be great. Let me know and I will give you my email address.

Archived