Princess Pre- Post- Hotels in Seattle?

Strawberry

Does anyone know what hotels Princess is using for pre- and post- cruise packages in Seattle, Washington? Thanks!

WESTIN HOTEL DOWNTOWN SEATTLE AND THE DOUBLE TREE AT SEA-TAC AIRPORT. INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON PRINCESS' WEB-SITE UNDER DESTINATIONS AND EXTENDING YOUR STAY ~ HOPE THIS HELPS ~ ELS

The Westin is located downtown and we stayed there for 3 nights before we got on the Sapphire Princess last summer. It is just a block and half to the metro that took you out to the Space Needle.

We were only a block from in closed shopping mall that had a ton of places to eat. There is Nordstorm and Macy's just a block away also.

We did walk down to the Seafood Market the one morning. There was an outside festival that closed down all of downtown Seattle- that was great- bands on each street corner and sand sculptures on the one block.

The view from the room was great- could see the water and the downtown area. The beds are excellent and actually went out and got one that was similar to that one.

Jan

We are booked at the Doubletree which is close to the airport and the pier which Princess uses. It sounds in the middle of nowhere but it is cheaper and only for overnight. It is also huge! I believe 8 different buildings. We have stayed at the Westin before and it is nice, but for 1 night, arriving late afternoon, we chose the cheaper.

We did walk down to the Seafood Market the one morning. There was an outside festival that closed down all of downtown Seattle- that was great- bands on each street corner and sand sculptures on the one block.

Jan

Wow, I live in Seattle and I don't know anything about this festival....the sand sculptures! When was this, please? I'd like to see it next year.

Bill

I live in the Seattle area and just wanted to let you know that the Doubletree is an airport hotel and is not located anywhere near downtown or the port. Just a busy highway lined with hotels and fastfood restaurants. The Westin however is right downtown and much closer to the Princess pier which is located on the south end of the waterfront in the working port area.

Nana G: Househunter is correct. If someone told you the Doubletree is near the port in Seattle, they are wrong. Like the post before said, it is just a hotel on a busy highway and nothing else. You would be much better off with a hotel in downtown Seattle. It is much closer to the port and would be so much nicer. Airport hotels have nothing around them and just not a place I would want to stay before a wonderful cruise.

Hulagirl

True about the Doubletree. However, it is a very nice hotel, but the hotel is the only attraction. Unless you go out to the pool and time the take-offs and do some statistical analysis on them. Probably, that's what I would do!

I live a boring life, outside of cruising!

Bill

Booking hotels via Princess is usually the most costly option since they are per passenger prices. Consider looking at rates and rooms direct on your own. Add in cab fares and you probably are better off doing this on your own, since no long extended transfer times- they won't take you until the bus and list of passengers show up. :)

Archived