Vista class ships

Druke I

I thought it interesting that the Vista class ship assigned to P&O (originally scheduled to be Cunard's Queen Victoria) has addressed some of the complaints HAL loyalists have voiced about this design.

The ship's deck plan shows an adequate number of public restrooms dotted about the entertainment decks, and they do have self-serve laundromats on the accomodations decks. It appears that someone did listen, even if the ship is assigned to another of Carnival's divisions.

Michael

YAHOO. HAL did return an e-mail to me many months ago stating that after the Vista style ships are all out, the next style ship I will be happy with, so let's hope this is the beginning of some wonderful ships.

Thanks for the info.

:)

We tried the Oosterdam this past winter and at first we didn't think that we would like that class of ship. We did. And we have booked back-to-back cruises on the Westerdam for this winter.

BUT we will be glad that more of the "S" class ships will be buit after the Noordam.

:)

The little info we have heard about the next class of HAL ships has been that they will be about 55,000 ton but I don't think they are to be VERY like the Statendam sisters. I love that size ship and while we hugely enjoyed our cruises on Zuiderdam and will go back on a Vista ship without hesitation, I'm happy HAL is going back to the smaller size.

we will be glad that more of the "S" class ships will be buit after the Noordam.
Don't mean to burst your bubble here but the chance of more S-class ships being built is absolutely nil. Nor more R-class ships either.

The most we can hope for is a new series of smaller ships, in the same size range as the S-class/R-class. In reality I think what we will get will be a revised (perhaps slightly smaller in size and/or capacity) Vista-class design. At least this is what I've heard most recently.

Archived