any info would be appreciated

sydmikey

i have posted 2 previous threads on on upcoming cruise to carribean and havent had much response. we are looking for info on ports,the ships(clipper/flyer)having kids on board, everything. any advice to make our 1st cruise on this type of ship enjoyable. would really appreciate hearing from you all. thank you

Can't help you with the Carribean. On Med and Transatlantic, there were no children. Shore excursions were not what children would be interested in -- however, as I understand it, there are lots of watersports on the Carribean cruises. You are in a new port just about every day. The only recommendation I have for you, is to start Drammamine before you get on the boat for the kids if they are prone to car sickness. Starting before you feel the boat motion seems to help. Past threads seem to indicate you could get some rough weather around Barbados. For people who like to sail, the Star Clippers are just wonderful. Dinners are very casual and everyone is friendly. Transatlantic the mixture of passengers are US, Aussie, English, German, and French. Not everyone speaks English. I would think the Carribean would be mostly US. We did not take any different plugs. The Star Clipper and Star Flyer have US voltage. I hope you have a wonderful voyage. Most passengers are repeats. Porcia

We have only encountered children once while sailing aboard Star Clipper/Royal Clipper. (a total of 11 weeks). One time on the Royal we saw two boys who were with their grandparents. They were very adult like children, I think 10 and 12) and they seemed to have a good time. I stress there is no children's program.

As to ports, check the Internet for each island. You will find more information than you can use!

Have a geat time!

Archived