? about drugstores in Mexico

Stvandon

Does anyone know if you can buy Lamisil (sp?) in Mexico without a perscription?

im sure you can, just be cautious about buying med down there. i know its cheaper , but who knows what is in it ?????

i know in cabo there was a big drug store right around the harbor area...

take care

melissa

Also keep in mind that if you purchase drugs in Mexico that require a prescription in the USA, you can have your drugs confiscated (and be fined) by USA Customs when you try to bring them back into the USA. The drugs may also not be significantly cheaper in Mexico just because you can get them without a prescription.

I have always bought prescription drugs abroad and never had a problem with them. I also do not see a problem having them in your checked luggage. Just never had any trouble. I don't buy huge amounts or anything, but I like to get Lotrmil and amoxicillin to keep on hand. (Diarhea and infections) Of course, it is a life depending drug, I really can't comment.

Although in years past, we've not had any issues buying prescription drugs in Mexico, in this age of heightened airport security, I might tend to agree with Splinter.

Do you remember that story a couple months ago when Rush Limbaugh went to the Dominican Republic, and tried to bring back in Viagara? They confiscated it and it was a big story - I don't remember what happened to him, probably nothing because he's famous, but who knows what happens to you or me?

I'd advise taking a look at the customs regulations before purchasing anything - just in case. It would be a shame to have wasted your money. Here's the link to check it out:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/alerts/restricted/medication_drugs.xml

I live in San Diego. US Customs actually pays snitches to observe people leaving Tijuana pharmacies and going to the border, where US Customs then targets them for a detailed inspection for drugs for which they have no prescription documentation. Not sure if they do this in other Mexican cities, but I am not risking it.

I would not worry too much about buying meds in Mexico unless it's a narcotic such as Vicodin or Valium etc. Just don't buy in huge quantities so that it looks like you will resell it. There is a lot of fake meds down there. So I buy at the Walmart pharmacy near the ship in Puerto vallarta.

Archived