Mariner in 2 weeks,need info please....

I've seen threads about no alcohol can be brought on board, but what about bottled water and 12 pks of soda? One thread said someone just bought 2 liters at the next port and brought it on...any current info?

Also do we dock or tender at each stop on the Western itinerary -7 day from Port Canaveral? And are the 2 formal night Monday and Thursday?

Thanks for your help.... 4shankfun

We took this same cruise in April 2004. Mariner is a beautiful ship, and we had a great time. We didn't bring any beverages with us, but I do believe you can bring your own water and/or soda--just no alcohol.

The only places we tendered were at Labadee and Grand Cayman. I'm not sure about Cozumel now since the pier was destroyed last year.

If Mihai is still on the ship, I hope you get him as your server in the dining room. He made dinner an event each night. Sorry, I don't recall when the formal nights were.

Have a wonderful time!

4shankfun are you on the 10 sept cruise, if you are come join us on the roll call board. Here is the thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=271159

We tender at Labadee & Cayman Island, dock in Jamaica and should dock at Cozumel. I don't think you will have any problem at all carrying water and soda on board.

I was on the Mariner in June and had no problem with bringing on water or alcohol (in my checked luggage). We only docked in Jamaica. There was only one dock in Cozumel and another RCCL ship was there (I think the Mariner it too big for that pier). From the looks of things there it will be awhile before the other piers are ready. I will tell you this though, I was very impressed of how well the tendering went in Labadee, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Not a problem at all. Have a great cruise! The Mariner is an awesome ship! The cruise director Becky is also awesome!:)

Archived