Miracle Review - 20-27 August 2006

It was one of the last nights. I want to say the second "Fun Day at Sea", because I remember gorging on chocolate and then sounding like shamu as I laid by the pool after lunch.

What night is the Chocolate Buffet??? LOL As I eat Chocolate Cobber I ask... lol I sail on Sunday the 3rd and cannot wait....

Thanks sooo much for your review.... and congrats on the wedding..

We are sailing on the Miracle in Nov and it was great reading all the info. Its our Honeymoon as well, however, our honeymoon was delayed due to me having my spine fused. We were married in June.

Ok, so a real question here is this... I LOVE wearing shorts, as I am from San Diego, and love them even MORE when I am on vacation... I take it then wearing shorts is out of the question for the dinning room??? UGGG!!!!

No problem, and thank you!

We are sailing on the Miracle in Nov and it was great reading all the info. Its our Honeymoon as well, however, our honeymoon was delayed due to me having my spine fused. We were married in June.

Ouch! Sounds painful. Nothing like a little heat, sun, and water to make things feel better. Good luck on the honeymoon. Excellent choice! We enjoyed ours thoroughly.

Ok, so a real question here is this... I LOVE wearing shorts, as I am from San Diego, and love them even MORE when I am on vacation... I take it then wearing shorts is out of the question for the dinning room??? UGGG!!!!

I wore casual khaki pants and something with a collar every night that wasn't a formal night (usually a polo). It's not too bad, and you can run back and change as soon as it's done if you want. We did see *some* people taking more liberties with the dress code - you can still be within limits, in my opinion, with khaki shorts and a collared shirt. They won't say anything as long as you're within reason. I saw a couple of khaki shorts being worn, and jeans. Since we were the late seating it may have been a little bit more dressy - the 5:45 seating may be more casual given it's time. Also, shorts are fine for breakfast and lunch in the dining room.

Thanks for the info.... I almost always wear a collored shirt with my shorts when I am going out. So if I do wear my shorts, I will be sure to wear a good shirt.

Plus when I am on vacation, I am usually too sunburnt to wear pants.. :D

Another quick question... I have read from a few of the reviews that the ship is a little quite and a little too laid back... did you get that feeling when you were there??

It was a little laid back, but there was always stuff going on. We poked in and out of the shows/bars/piano bar/karaoke/etc throughout the cruise. There were never any "holy cow what a party" moments, but that could also be because I was on my honeymoon and wasn't necessarily looking for it. I also think that peoples comments on things being spread out and tucked away in corners also played a part. I also tended to have too much fun during the day (mmmm... DODs) and couldn't make it that late.

Thanks for the info.... I almost always wear a collored shirt with my shorts when I am going out. So if I do wear my shorts, I will be sure to wear a good shirt.

Plus when I am on vacation, I am usually too sunburnt to wear pants.. :D

Another quick question... I have read from a few of the reviews that the ship is a little quite and a little too laid back... did you get that feeling when you were there??

Shorts are fine in the formal dining room for breakfast and lunch. They are not allowed in the formal dining room for dinner *except for the very first night* because not everyone may have gotten their luggage by dinner time.

There are alternative dining venues at night for those who do not want to dress up. (lido, deli, grill, pizza or room service)

Thanks for posting your pictures. They were great!

In that last picture was that the cave tubing in Belize? Did you book the tubing and stingray/snorkeling with the ship or another place? We've got excursions for both of these but not through the ship, so I was wondering.

Kim

Super - we're booked through cave tubing as well. Our stingray swim and snorkel trip is an independent one too.

I understand about booking through the cruise ship means the ship won't leave without you, etc. but I'm also convinced that the independent operators are very reliant on the cruises for their income and wouldn't risk having cruisers miss their connection back to the ship. If you check the times of the independents ahead of time and allow for at least one extra hour at the end of the day and ensure that they have a back up plan in case their vehicle breaks down, I think it's just fine. I do know that you can get way more bang for your buck so to speak with independents.

Kim

Not to mention you'll be at the same sites as hundreds of others - if they start high-tailing it back to the ship you'll probably notice. I don't think you have much to worrry about, especially on group tours (it's not like it's just you and a guide going off into the sticks with no communication) - I'm assuming the rest of the people doing the stingrays with you will also be cruise people and the company will take care of you all the same.

Archived