Info on Naples Italy tours

We will be sailed with Celebrity in October with a stop in Naples. We would like to take a trip to the mountain village where my grandparents are from.

Does anyone know of a driver or tour that handles private requests?

We are taking this cruise just because of this port of call and it would mean so much to my family to visit the little town.

Many thanks for any information you may provide.

We just returned from Naples on a Brilliance of the Seas cruise. We booked a private tour of the Amalfi coast (breathtaking) and Pompeii with Mariano Fiorentino of Pleasant Travel info@pleasantravel.com .

Mariano's niece (Marianna) and a driver took us on a wonderful day trip. She is charming and knowledgeable. She also arranged for a private guide in Pompeii who gaves us real insight into life in this city before Vesuvius erupted.

A few weeks ago we used Alberto from AP Tours. He was extremely knowledgeable and had that humorous Italian personality which made it as if we were friends for many years. Email him and see what he can do. If you do choose him, I'm sure he will never disappoint you. His website is www.aptours.it

Michael

We used Francesco Marrapese for an 9 hour tour of the Amalfi Coast, for 450 Euros. He showed us everything we requested and then some. He was very knowledgeable about the Naples-Amalfi Coast area. He recommended a great restaurant in Ravello, where we were given complimentary glasses of Limoncello. Next time we go to Naples/the Amalfi Coast, we definitely will hire Francesco again. His website is francescomarrapese.com.

In the Rick Steve's Italy 2006 book, he suggests Carmello Monetti. The website is www.monettitaxi17.it. Here's the quote from the book: "Camello's specialty is helping Italo-Americans fin their families in sourthern Italy."

We are using his car service in November for an Amalfi Coast tour.

Hope this helps.

We just returned from Naples on a Brilliance of the Seas cruise. We booked a private tour of the Amalfi coast (breathtaking) and Pompeii with Mariano Fiorentino of Pleasant Travel info@pleasantravel.com .

Mariano's niece (Marianna) and a driver took us on a wonderful day trip. She is charming and knowledgeable. She also arranged for a private guide in Pompeii who gaves us real insight into life in this city before Vesuvius erupted.

Hi' date=' my wife and I are using Mariano in November for the Naples/Amalfi tour, can you email us with some details of your experience? We would like to know the locations you visited, tipping advice and is there anything special we can bring as a thank you gift from the States?

Thank you

StevenA

[email']sramj@comcast.net[/email]

Archived