Pacific Sun. Experts please?!

87SPECIAL

I have just booked my next cruise for my birthday in may next year. We chose the 11 night cruise, our last was 7..

I am wondering if the 11 night cruise gets boring or cabin feverish?? I doubt this, just thought I'd ask who might know.

Also we have booked the cheap 'early bird' 4 berth sort of special and as the cruise is not til may, is it likely we will be upgraded?? as our last cruise was only booked 6 months in advance and we recieved 2 upgrades for school holiday time..

Thanks

:cool:

I sort of think you are asking the wrong people. Most of us are cruise addicts here. :)

Seriously, I don't think you will have a problem. We did 2 cruises in Jan/Feb with only 5 days in between (11 then 13 nights), by the end of the second cruise I was a bit sick of the ship but I think that was also because I was experiencing the same meals, routines for a second time. Certainly wasn't dying to get off the ship.

It is hard to say if you will be upgraded or not. You might be lucky.

:)Thanks Disney

yes, i was thinking i might have trouble finding experts around here;)

I am not too worried, was just hoping for a little feedback and im happy with what you told me. I found that on my 7 nighter, it was like a party when i was little, just as it was ending, i wanted to stay longer. :p

I am taking 2 cousins this time, as well as my mum who came on the last one. I hope this cruise impresses them as much as my first cruise impressed me.

I have just booked my next cruise for my birthday in may next year. We chose the 11 night cruise, our last was 7..

I am wondering if the 11 night cruise gets boring or cabin feverish?? I doubt this, just thought I'd ask who might know.

Also we have booked the cheap 'early bird' 4 berth sort of special and as the cruise is not til may, is it likely we will be upgraded?? as our last cruise was only booked 6 months in advance and we recieved 2 upgrades for school holiday time..

Thanks

:cool:

We did a 12 night one and that was fine - although I did find that by the last sea day I was ready to go home - a feeling I hadn't had on the two previous cruises (7 and 10 days).

Kym

Thanks for that, It is understandable that any holiday reaching 11 to 12 days would eventually make you ready to go home.

Is anybody aware of the weather in May for the south pacific? Thats my only other worry, as my sea sickness did put me on my *ss for the first few days..Though i hear being prepared for sickness is better than trying to treat the vomiting and dizziness as it happens. pure Hell!! :o

Thanks for that, It is understandable that any holiday reaching 11 to 12 days would eventually make you ready to go home.

Is anybody aware of the weather in May for the south pacific? Thats my only other worry, as my sea sickness did put me on my *ss for the first few days..Though i hear being prepared for sickness is better than trying to treat the vomiting and dizziness as it happens. pure Hell!! :o

We went in the first week of June last year and the weather was lovely - apart from one day of rain when we called at Mystery Island. And we had pretty much smooth sailing all the way.

Kym

Excellent! Thankyou.

btw, i loved the warm tropical shower on our last island trip(Port Vila). We were just pulling out of the dock , the sun was setting and we sat in the spa with a drink and took it all in!

Nice....... If only it could be like that everyday!

We did 11 nights in April. Wasn't long enough so we have booked a 14 nighter for next time. Weather was lovely although a bit too humid at times.

Karen

Thats interesting, thanks.

My last cruise was in April this year. The humidity was a bit of a shock at times, especially you wake up in the morning at a new port with completely different weather. Makes you wonder what to put on before venturing out for breakfast. Yay!! now im really excited about the 11 nights!

:p

We have been on 2 14 nighters and 1 7 nighter. Much prefer the longer cruises. There are usually a couple more sea days that we really love. The 7 nighter was an Asian cruise and was very busy - a different port each day. As for cabin fever - who is in their cabin long enough to get it. Our first cruise we had an inside cabin for 14 nights. Didn't bother us one bit. We were basically only there to shower and change. We have another 14 nighter coming up in a few months with a big balcony - apparently large enough to have our own loungers so am looking forward to not having to chase chairs up on the sun deck. We always look for shady spots anyway as we don't do the lay in the sun thing. We are also going to be booking a 10 day Alaska cruise next year in the next few days. As Disney said - we are all the converted here :D Mummsie

thanks mummsie.

We have also been looking at the Alaska Cruise, maybe for a time when i have a little more $$;)

i guess being 11 days, we will get a better chance at meeting more people..i also deffinitely loved those couple of days at sea...

aahhhhhhh makes me feel all warm and fuzzy:)

We went in May last year and spent 11 beautiful days that weren't enough for me. I could live like that for a long time, beautiful food no washing up, room tidied regularly, oh how I wish I could cruise more often. Waiting until Nov next year is really hard. The weather was wonderful, not too hot for me but then I have lived in PNG so may be used to it. It was quite warm but was cold on the ship sometimes in the Show lounge. I took a wrap which was very handy. Hope you have a wonderful time, you won't think it's too long.

Archived