Pacific Star, R627 Review

How bizarre. I looked on the website before I replied to you earlier because I thought I must have forgotten the windows. It shows the internet machines portside up outside Casablanca, which I thought was odd because that was the smoking area.

It is portside. I got my sides mixed up. :o

Trevor

The only problem I can see with the location of the Internet Cafe is that is in one of the most used public walkways. Not that I do anything I am ashamed of but rather if I was doing any internet banking or checking my emails I would rather be in an out of the way place and not have some nosy parkers having a look as they wandered by!

Do they have it screened off at all Trevor or is it as open as I expect??

Cheers,

Chaz:)

PS Champagne Bay has to be my favourite stop... The water was fantastic and we really enjoyed our day at that beach!

Trevor they are wonderful photos. Thanks so much for letting us all see them. I knew straight away which photos were of Champagne Bay. Even on a cloudy day that place is beautiful!! We loved it so much that this is the main reason why we are doing our next cruise. (The ships don't go up there as much as the other islands so we had to grab this cruise especially as it was to good a price to not go.)

Which island was your favourite and did you do any tours. did you go to the water hole on Champagne Bay? (is supposed to be where part of Blue Lagoon was filmed??)

By the way the P&O guy singing with some band members, what's his name. (he was on our Asian cruise in March/April and was not a very popular member of staff (he was supposed to be cruise director - the only thing he directed was his girlfriend when she came aboard!!!)

Kerri

hi trevor, thanks for photos they are great..

kezza, the cruise director you are thinking of is Michael Whitmore.

some of my favourites are James, Shona, Demo and Dan. and years ago on the old Fairstar. jerry or gerry galagher..

regards, Lorraine:)

Trevor they are wonderful photos. Thanks so much for letting us all see them. I knew straight away which photos were of Champagne Bay. Even on a cloudy day that place is beautiful!! We loved it so much that this is the main reason why we are doing our next cruise. (The ships don't go up there as much as the other islands so we had to grab this cruise especially as it was to good a price to not go.)

Which island was your favourite and did you do any tours. did you go to the water hole on Champagne Bay? (is supposed to be where part of Blue Lagoon was filmed??)

By the way the P&O guy singing with some band members, what's his name. (he was on our Asian cruise in March/April and was not a very popular member of staff (he was supposed to be cruise director - the only thing he directed was his girlfriend when she came aboard!!!)

Kerri

Yep, that's Michael Whitmore, the cruise director. I didn't think he was all that good, probably suited more to the older crowd. From all the comments on here, I was expecting laugh a minute stuff and he just didn't have that.

I didn't see much of the islands, went ashore for maybe an hour at each place, had a little look around then back on the ship. Except in Vila, we did a couple of tours there. We did a sail and snorkel tour and a jetboat ride then some shopping.

I really liked Champagne bay, I found it the most relaxing place. Only stayed at the beach where they tendered to. I was sick for a lot of the cruise, damn flu, so didn't feel like doing a whole lot, didn't even get off the ship at Wala. oh well, will just have to do another one and make sure I have a flu shot before I go.

Trevor

The only problem I can see with the location of the Internet Cafe is that is in one of the most used public walkways. Not that I do anything I am ashamed of but rather if I was doing any internet banking or checking my emails I would rather be in an out of the way place and not have some nosy parkers having a look as they wandered by!

Do they have it screened off at all Trevor or is it as open as I expect??

Cheers,

Chaz:)

PS Champagne Bay has to be my favourite stop... The water was fantastic and we really enjoyed our day at that beach!

Chaz,

the computers are screened from the person sitting next to you, but not from people just walking past.

Trevor.

Yep, that's Michael Whitmore, the cruise director. I didn't think he was all that good, probably suited more to the older crowd. From all the comments on here, I was expecting laugh a minute stuff and he just didn't have that.

I didn't see much of the islands, went ashore for maybe an hour at each place, had a little look around then back on the ship. Except in Vila, we did a couple of tours there. We did a sail and snorkel tour and a jetboat ride then some shopping.

I really liked Champagne bay, I found it the most relaxing place. Only stayed at the beach where they tendered to. I was sick for a lot of the cruise, damn flu, so didn't feel like doing a whole lot, didn't even get off the ship at Wala. oh well, will just have to do another one and make sure I have a flu shot before I go.

Trevor

Well Trevor I can tell you that Michael Whitmore just wasn't suited to anyone. He was a bore and dull, didn't find him funny at all.:( A lot of the staff complained about him.

I guessed that Champagne Bay was one of the best. It has the most photos;) . My DH just had a look and he too picked straight away where you were:p . It's a shame you weren't well for most of your cruise, you had been looking forward to it for a lonnnnnnnnngggg time. Start looking and booking for the next one!!:D

Did you enjoy the Jet boat ride and was it worth it?

Kerri

Speaking of Champagne Bay, has anyone seen the bread ad on tv that was shot at Champagne Bay, you even see the huts lined up at the top of the beach where they hold the markets.

Trevor.

No haven't seen the ad but DH swears that Survivor is done very near, if not on, Champagne Bay. He's convinced because he recognised the island straight ahead when you sit on the beach, called Elephant something (I think:o ) Not too sure how correct he is tho.;)

No haven't seen the ad but DH swears that Survivor is done very near, if not on, Champagne Bay. He's convinced because he recognised the island straight ahead when you sit on the beach, called Elephant something (I think:o ) Not too sure how correct he is tho.;)

I've only seen the adverts for Survivor, but I think it looks a lot like Wala.... But I haven't been to Champagne Bay.

Well Trevor I can tell you that Michael Whitmore just wasn't suited to anyone. He was a bore and dull, didn't find him funny at all.:( A lot of the staff complained about him.

I guessed that Champagne Bay was one of the best. It has the most photos;) . My DH just had a look and he too picked straight away where you were:p . It's a shame you weren't well for most of your cruise, you had been looking forward to it for a lonnnnnnnnngggg time. Start looking and booking for the next one!!:D

Did you enjoy the Jet boat ride and was it worth it?

Kerri

The jetboat ride was awesome, thoroughly enjoyed it and will probably do it again. It was well worth it, they speed right past and fairly close to the ship.

Trevor.

I finally got time to look at the albums-awesome pics! I love the island night pics especially, looks like loads of fun! You know those shiny plastic hula skirts, I think it was pic #64? Can you buy those in Vila?

Love the newsletter scans too, now we have an excellent idea what to expect!

Hi Tiki, you sure can buy the hoola skirts in Vila. They are everywhere. Anything you want for island night you can buy there.

Kerri

PS the Daileys are great reading aren't they. Brings back great memories. lol

Dan(the best they,ve got)iscurrently off to Sth. Africa(Capetown) to rej oin Pacific Princess & bring it back to Aust.,and continue its cruising in Aust(Its his baby)then possibly new Dawn Princess??

I got the impression the way he was talking on our cruise in March that Dan would be joing Paciifc Dawn (not to be mistaken with Dawn Princess) when she starts sailing here.

Have to disagree with tyou about Dan being the best P&O has got - that honour goes jointly to Demo & Shona (as a team).

Kym

Hi Tiki, you sure can buy the hoola skirts in Vila. They are everywhere. Anything you want for island night you can buy there.

Kerri

PS the Daileys are great reading aren't they. Brings back great memories. lol

Cool! My husband is from the Cook Islands and we have several authentic real grass hula skirts but they are a pain in the arse to pack. Those ones are made of cellophane right? So we can bring them back in Australia. We didn't have any trouble bringing the natural Cook Island ones in but Vanuatu might be different.

Archived