• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What is the name of the beach side bar ????

sw6416

:D Oh my gosh, I love that place! Last time we were in Coz, we rented a 'scooter' and went over there for the afternoon. Wonderful beach, uncrowded, the BEST margaritas (note my screen name!). It was amusing to see hubby on a 'scooter', tho, since he's the 'Harley guy.' ;)

We'll be back in Coz the 1st part of Feb. 2007 and we plan to go back!

CozInsider Jacq love your website!!! What is there to do on that side of the island as well? Thanks

Glad you enjoy the site - THANKS!!

There are not water activities since it's not safe to swim in many areas due to the undertow and currents - OK to get in just don't go out too far. There are some locals who surf in some areas but I wouldn't recommend it to visitors because of all the rocks.

When I am on the other side - I pretty much just relax and listen to the roar of the waves while I catch some rays - and of course have a couple margaritas!!

After Mezcalitos you can stop at Coconuts - it's a bit of a hike up a rock/hill but the view is fantastic. Coupon there too!!

Also if you are into nature, Punta Sur park just reopened- Eco-park and lighthouse you can climb. $10 to get in - all types of flora and fauna, crocodile viewing, snorkeling (different area than the crocodile of course), small museum.

ENJOY!!

CozumelInsider Jacq

We are interested in taking a taxi to Coconuts . . . does anyone know if there are taxis waiting outside for the return trip back to the ship or do we need to have our taxi driver wait (and pay him extra for his time)??

We are interested in taking a taxi to Coconuts . . . does anyone know if there are taxis waiting outside for the return trip back to the ship or do we need to have our taxi driver wait (and pay him extra for his time)??

Taxis don't wait a Coconuts. You'll either need to hire the taxi by the hour or, if the driver is aggreable, make arrangements for him to come back to get you.

You are smart to not rent a car if you plan to do any drinking at Coconuts unless you get a designated driver.

Be sure to take a t-shirt for their collection:

coconuts5.jpg

Archived