• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Western Caribbean in January?

Well, I'm booked to the Rhapsody of the Seas on January 07, 2007! It's my honeymoon... I'm so excited!

I have tons of questions, but this will go first-

We're from Arizona, so we're pretty used to super hot temperatures. We're crusing in January- is it nice that time of year, or is it chilly? I'd love to be able to sunbathe on deck and swim in the ocean... but I hate to think it's going to be cold :( We had to go this time of year because my husband's school schedule *we're both 24 and he's a full time student*

Anyhow, I've been on one other cruise through RCI and love it- but it was in October and the weather was perfect, except for a few rainy days.

Nice to meet all of you- I'm sure I'll become a regular :)

January is great in the Western Caribbean.. there's really NO humidity to speak of and the cruises we've been on then have been great -- like the others said.. temps in the '80s.. "perfect":)

Come along with us in January '08 on the Mariner of the Seas -- it's doing the western itinerary ... :)

We have done 4 Carib. cruises in the winter, see list below. The weather has been very good except for 1 rainy day on the western that kept us from Labadee. We went into Ocho Rios the next day and even though it was overcast, it was plenty warm for us to climb Dunn's River Falls. On Gr. Cayman it was in the 80s and also for Cozumel. Last year as part of our Panama Canal cruise we also went back to Cozumel and it was kind of windy, but fine for snorkeling off a catamaran and 2 hrs on the beach. Costa Maya (beach time), Costa Rica (Pontoon ride through the rain forest) and Montego Bay (Rafting on the Martha Brae) were perfect, weather-wise, and we had a great time.

I sort of missed doing a winter cruise this year, but we did a major European summer cruise and two cruises weren't in the budget. But next Jan. we are doing the Mexican Riv. Any time I can escape, even for a week, the yucky Ohio winters I am thrilled. The Panama Canal cruise was 11 nights and now we are both spoiled for longer cruises. The Jewel cruise was 12, the Mercury is 11 and the next two cruises, tentatively planned, are 11 and 14. We may never go back to 7 again. :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

January is great in the Western Caribbean.. there's really NO humidity to speak of and the cruises we've been on then have been great -- like the others said.. temps in the '80s.. "perfect":)

Come along with us in January '08 on the Mariner of the Seas -- it's doing the western itinerary ... :)

SO glad to hear about the humidity. We're spoiled in Arizona... hardly any around here.

I see you're going to Alaska! That's where I was born and raised!! It's amazing :)

Congratulations! Have a long and wonderful married life!

You will love the W Caribbean area in January! It has the most beautiful weather in the mid 80's! No humidity and the water is spectacular! and warm :D

After the first day at sea I spend my entire time on my balcony soaking up the rays or I go up to the upper sun deck and lay around. I am always cold so you know it will be warm enough! Have a great Honeymoon on your cruise! :)

First a congrats!!!!!! May you both love long!!!!!

Next: been to Caribbean in Jan. weather was awesome!!!! Got burnt in Labadee, snorkeled in Cayman, did the Fall's in Jamacia, and got burnt again in Coz.!!!!! I don't think you have much to worry about!!!!

Go have a blast you will be on your honeymoon, would you really let the weather wreck that???

Good Luck, Congrats!!!

I agree with all the posters, did western last January, weather was just perfect. One day we were in Costa Maya, we docked to rain, it rained about 2 hours, then the weather cleared up and the day was perfectly beautiful. You will get burnt in January as the others have said. Have a wonderful trip.

Archived