Cell Phones

Neals6

I found out that cell phones do work on Carnival but there are roaming charges. Some people i saw were talking up a storm I don't think that they realize how much their cell phone bill is going to be. Some were calling each other on the ship to ask what they were doing. I saw a couple young people that were so happy to use their phones. I overheard a lady said she made two phone calls and only talked a few minutes and her phone bill had an additional 70 dollars on it.I know that you may want to keep in touch but your on vacation!!

I found out that cell phones do work on Carnival but there are roaming charges. Some people i saw were talking up a storm I don't think that they realize how much their cell phone bill is going to be. Some were calling each other on the ship to ask what they were doing. I saw a couple young people that were so happy to use their phones. I overheard a lady said she made two phone calls and only talked a few minutes and her phone bill had an additional 70 dollars on it.I know that you may want to keep in touch but your on vacation!!

I used the cabin phone on the Celebration to call home. $278.00. NEVER AGAIN will I make a call from the ship.

We figured on this (also figured our phones wouldn't get reception). We bought a set of those small 6 mile range walkie talkies w/ a bunch of channels so that DH and I could get ahold of each other if we go seperate ways onboard ;)

Many ships rent the walkie talkies, and families like to bring them. Not discouraging you, but I would suggest moving to an end frequency or somewhere in the middle, and still dont be supprised is some smart arse kid interupts your conversations.

Archived