Carnival Miracle or Carnival Valor???

85Tiger

Are you planning on visiting the city you sail from? I find Tampa very affordable and lots to do. I live in Tampa, but am cruising the Valor out of Miami only because our friends from Ohio booked first-we later joined the group. I have questioned both ships and only hear good about both. Our next cruise will be out of Tampa, so either way-I would love to read about your experience.

We have been on the Conquest (Valor sister ship) and 2 of the sister ships of the Miracle and I just like the Miracle layout better. There are less people, less walking and most of the same amenities. We are headed out on the Miracle in October...so I will let you know first hand about that specific ship.

But as far as the class of ships go, I love the Spirit class.

I would choose the Miracle over the Valor (having done both). I really prefer the port of Tampa to Miami ... no comparison at all. Also, Tampa is usually cheaper to fly into.

As for the ships, they offer a lot of the same stuff, except that the Miracle has a lot few people and a better feel, IMO.

That being said, either would be a blast. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi my family has just returned cruzin on the valor. I am 38 DH is 38 and DS's are 10 and 11. Last year, we choose the miracle. We enjoyed both trips but for different reasons. Overall...as a family we decided that between the two ships we prefer the miracle. Here is how we rated some areas and which ship we prefered.

Port City.............................miracle

embarkment.........................miracle

ship layout...........................miracle

options for clubs/bars.............Valor

best adult nightlife bars...........valor

best deck parties...................miracle

best Camp Carnival..................miracle

best dinning room food/service...valor

best room service(food).....................valor

best room service (steward)........miracle

easiest tendering process..........valor

staff.....................................miracle

best pool band........................miracle

shows.................................same shows/same quality

disembarkment...........................Valor

We were on the western internary for both cruises, so the ports were about the same. I Love this internary. I think in the end, we prefered the Miracle because it just had a more "laid back" feel. The boys loved Camp C and were always involved in some activity with them. As for the Valor, Camp C did not have as much going on, so the boys spent more time (and money) in the arcade. Having said that, if it was just my dh and I we would go with the valor again because of the better nightlife.

In the end, either ship will be a great choice

Hi my family has just returned cruzin on the valor. I am 38 DH is 38 and DS's are 10 and 11. Last year, we choose the miracle. We enjoyed both trips but for different reasons. Overall...as a family we decided that between the two ships we prefer the miracle. Here is how we rated some areas and which ship we prefered.

Port City.............................miracle

embarkment.........................miracle

ship layout...........................miracle

options for clubs/bars.............Valor

best adult nightlife bars...........valor

best deck parties...................miracle

best Camp Carnival..................miracle

best dinning room food/service...valor

best room service(food).....................valor

best room service (steward)........miracle

easiest tendering process..........valor

staff.....................................miracle

best pool band........................miracle

shows.................................same shows/same quality

disembarkment...........................Valor

We were on the western internary for both cruises, so the ports were about the same. I Love this internary. I think in the end, we prefered the Miracle because it just had a more "laid back" feel. The boys loved Camp C and were always involved in some activity with them. As for the Valor, Camp C did not have as much going on, so the boys spent more time (and money) in the arcade. Having said that, if it was just my dh and I we would go with the valor again because of the better nightlife.

In the end, either ship will be a great choice

I was really looking at sailing the Miracle our next cruise but now with the change in itinerary I'm confused which ship to sail to the Western Caribbean. Suggestions anyone?

Archived