Bequia...What can you tell me about the Bahia Mar Resort in Fort Lauderdale?

many cruises

Bequia: Since you have so much information about the Fort Lauderdale hotels, could you share any information about the Bahia Mar Resort? We usually stay in the 17th Street area, but with our Priceline bid we received the Bahia Mar Resort. We have read some very bad reviews about this hotel on Trip Advisor and are almost afraid to stay there. Do you have information to share that might be more positive? Priceline lists it as a 3 star hotel in their ratings.

I'm assuming it's just for the night, if so, you'll be fine. It is in a fairly nice location right across the street from the beach and there are several restaurants within walking distance ( the Oasis has outdoor swings as tables which kids like). It was a Radisson brand until the Blackstone Group purchased it (current owners of the Hyatt Pier 66, Ft Lauderdale Grande and a dozen other brands) they dropped the affiliation and it's run as an independent. Fine for a night but I wouldn't care to spend a week there. ;)

Bequia: Yes, it is for a 1 night pre-cruise stay. Is it really as bad as the reviews say? If so, it will be the first time we have been dissatisfied with a Priceline hotel. We would appreciate any information about the condition & cleanliness of the Bahia Mar Resort.

Thank you. ;)

many cruises: My wife and I stayed at this hotel last year for one night and it was nice. We got a room from priceline and stayed in the wing next to the tower it was clean and the rooms are very large. The beach is across the street and lots of stuff in the area to walk too.The only problem is it is a long walk to the port on sat morning we wanted to go see the ship and it is a good 30-45 minute walk. We would stay again but like Bequia says not for a week one day or two no problem.

Don't know what kind of a rate you got there in the past thru priceline, but the hotel is running special pricing thru Christmas - between now and 10/5 it is $69 a nite and after that it is $99. There are blackout dates of 10/25-30 12/1-2 12/15-16

You need to call 1-888-802-2442 and book prior to 9/22 (this coming Friday) ask for the "fall spectacular" rate

Archived