Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

First time using Priceline, also on first try successful bid at $55.00, 2 nites total incl. tax & fees $133.08 for 3.5 * Marriott Biscayne Bay Apr 9-11 2010

How was the Marriot Biscayne Bay? Was it clean, nice?

Any clues as to what the 4.5 star hotels are on last minute travel. Showing a rate of $81 for Oct. 1st. Looks like a great rate for a 4.5 star. Thanks.

If it says 612 rooms, it is the Hyatt. I just booked it for $88 for April on last minute travel.

We just got The Empire Hotel on the Upper West Side through Priceline for $137.00 plus taxes on July 24, 2010. The location is great, but the reviews are pretty scary for a 4 Star Hotel. Has anyone stayed there that can shed some light on these reviews? I guess it will have to be OK for a 1 night precruise stay.

How was the Marriot Biscayne Bay? Was it clean, nice?

This bid is for our upcoming cruise, however we stayed here 2 years ago, we were very satisfied, clean and comfortable, noticed that a few international airline crews were in the lobby.

We had some meals next door at the Doubletree.

Last Minute Travel help.

Looking in Miami Downtown and it shows a 5* hotel with 34 floors. Any idea what hotel this might be? Looks like it is right by the Intercontinental.

Thanks for the help

Holly

The Intercontinental website states 34 floors, 641 rooms.

Last Minute Travel help.

Looking in Miami Downtown and it shows a 5* hotel with 34 floors. Any idea what hotel this might be? Looks like it is right by the Intercontinental.

Thanks for the help

Holly

Holly:

When I attempting to narrow down what possible hotel I might be getting I google any information specific to that hotel.....in your case "34 floors Hotel Miami. I then compare the star ratings. Sometimes I go to http://www.lastminutetravel.com and try finding something specific. Like recently I was looking for a 5* in Vegas and kept finding a good rate on one, but felt it was probably for the Trump International, which I didn't want. Too far away from the strip. In the description of amenities it showed a poolside restaurant serving Japanese cuisine so I googled that. Sure enough that was the Trump. It's just a process of elimination.

Good Luck.

You never know about Priceline; sometimes you have to wait three months out to get a deal, sometimes you can get something 10 months out.

We are doing the Queen Mary 2, out of NYC next December, so I thought I would throw out a few bids to feel out the NYC market.

Pre-cruise:

Date: Dec 18, 2010 one night

Star Rating: three ***

Hotel: Residence Inn Manhattan Times Square

Zones: tried them all and this was my last bid; could be Times Square or

Empire State zone.

Bid: $135

Taxes and Fees: $34.96

Total: $169.96

Post-cruise

Date: Jan 3, 2011 one night

Star Rating: Four ****

Hotel: Six Columbus Circle -- A Thompson Hotel

Zone: first bid Central Park South

Bid: $129

Taxes and Fees: $33.72

Total: $162.72

Not bad for this far out. You never know about NYC during the holidays?

Great locations and anything under $150 is a pretty good price.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I Pricelined a hotel for April 10 pre-cruise on 2/9, put in $50 and there are only 3 to pick from in Port Canaveral. I got Country Inn & Suites (closest hotel to Port) Taxes are 13.25 for $63.25 total for a Saturday night. The hotel looks awesome, and they will take us to the port for free on a shuttle. I want to keep my rent-a-car there. I heard it costs to do so? The port charges $15/day.

Going on our first cruise out of Tampa March, 21. We checked the home web sites for the Sheraton, Hyatt, and Embassy Suites downtown. Best price we found was $140. We had never used Hotwire or Priceline before, but as we only needed one night's accomodations for before and after the cruise, we thought we'd try one of these sites to hopefully get a little better deal than the hotel websites.

Hotwire offered a 3 star downtown for $62, and a 3.5 star for $79. We figured either one of those would be a hell of a lot better than the original pricing we had found, but my wife kept harping on me to try the bid process on Priceline.....god bless her!!!

We ended up bidding $55 for a 3.5 star and got the Sheraton Riverwalk! Then we made a seperate bid for another 3.5 star for the end of the cruise for $50 and got the Hyatt Regency with that! Rest assured, we'll be using Priceline much more often now!

Bid for a friends going on the same cruise with us. Attempted downtown Miami without success and changed to Coral Gables/Coconut Grove. Received the Westin Colonnade for $64 per nite. This is for a precruise stay October 29-31. Not a bad price when Westin's web site says $249.

Place a bid thru priceline for a two & 1/2 star hotel for two nights Dec 10 and 11 pre cruise stay Put a bid for 45 per night and got excepted on the first try.

1st time this ever happen then Found out that it was not a 2 1/2 star but a three 1/2 star

Was looking for a hotel to just run around in a causal way

hotel Wyndham Miami Airport

Star 31/2

rooms 1

nights 2

cost per night $45

Tax $20.12

Travel ins. $10

Total 120.12

Not bad for a hotel that starting price is $157 per night now just wondering what un listed charges they are going to add

Paul

268 days to go

Edited by excalwop

I booked a condo with a kitchen Hotwire and was assigned a regular hotel room with no kitchen. Hotwire says we booked you in a condo building but don't garuntee your unit will be a condo. Very misleading right?

They will not let us cancel and will not switch us to another condo with a kitchen. Has anyone else had experience with Hotwire and any tips on who to call to get them to honor the condo they said they were giving us?

I booked a condo with a kitchen Hotwire and was assigned a regular hotel room with no kitchen. Hotwire says we booked you in a condo building but don't garuntee your unit will be a condo. Very misleading right?

They will not let us cancel and will not switch us to another condo with a kitchen. Has anyone else had experience with Hotwire and any tips on who to call to get them to honor the condo they said they were giving us?

On the Hotwire page which you used before booking, what were the icons shown for the condo offer? Was there a picture of a kitchen/ette? You can still access this information by logging in, then looking at the top right of the Hotwire homepage, "My Account", then checking the hotel/condo amenities that are listed for the offer you bought.

If it says - or shows - kitchenette, then contact Hotwire again and make them aware of the fact that you are not getting what you booked. I have found them to be helpful if you can prove that there was actually misrepresentation. GOOD LUCK.

Edited by TenerifeSharon

W Fort Lauderdale

401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304

Dates: 8/18/10 - 8/20/10

PL winning bid: $89 per night

Lowest price on spg.com is $249 per night, so I saved about 64%! NICE :D

After two days of rejected Priceling bidding! 1st day started bids at $65 - $100(6 rebids adding zones). Today started bidding at $110 accepted at $130. Hotel website charging $259 plus taxes.

Star Rating: 4

Date: 5/8/2010

Bid: $130.00

Taxes & Fees: $23.87

Total: $153.87

• 2 weeks later...