Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

We used Priceline for the Renaissance Hotel on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. Our winning bid was $97.00 for Christmas Day-12/25/09.
$60.00 Bid after taxes was $74.57 at the Renaissance Hotel on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale 10/17/09 - 10/18/09 Pre- cruise Carnival Freedom 10/18/2009 - 10/24/2009 Western Cruise. Key West, Grand Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios Jamaica.

• 2 weeks later...
We used Priceline for the Renaissance Hotel on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. Our winning bid was $97.00 for Christmas Day-12/25/09.

Let me get this straight .

On priceline did you actually bid for Renaissance and got it or did you bid on an area and ended up with Renaissance:confused:

If you were bidding on Renaissance , how do you do that ? I thought you had to bid by area and star choice.

Let me get this straight .

On priceline did you actually bid for Renaissance and got it or did you bid on an area and ended up with Renaissance:confused:

If you were bidding on Renaissance , how do you do that ? I thought you had to bid by area and star choice.

On Priceline, as of today, if you bid 4 star downtown there are only two possible hotels. Renaissance and the Grande Hotel & Yacht Club. Most of the time you will get the Renaissance as they seem to release more rooms to Priceline.

Good luck and good bidding,

Kel:)

Just bid today for a 4 star in midtown Manhattan and won the Sheraton Hotel and Towers for $115 a night!!! 1/2 off the best rate right now. I have stayed here 3 times and it's a great place. I didn't have to use any free rebids, so I probably could have gotten it for $110... but didn't care to deal with it.

Just bid today for a 4 star in midtown Manhattan and won the Sheraton Hotel and Towers for $115 a night!!! 1/2 off the best rate right now. I have stayed here 3 times and it's a great place. I didn't have to use any free rebids, so I probably could have gotten it for $110... but didn't care to deal with it.

For what dates?

Sounds like an awesome deal!

Bid $60 for 3 1/2 star in Meadowlands NJ, price line came back and said if I up my bid by $17 they will accept. So I did and got Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel for $77. plus tax. and insurance cost me total of $101. :)

For what dates?

Sounds like an awesome deal!

It is an awesome deal. We are staying for a full week. Aug 29th through Sept 5th. I checked on BiddingforTravel.com and noticed it was about the only 4 star hitting... we already had reservations here, so I figured "what the heck". I got it for 1/2 of what I was already booked for. YAY!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Found hotels in New York very expensive still for November.

Got Park Central New York for $125 night. 2 nights Nov 12th to 14th. Taxes included total $304.54. Has good reviews (3star).

Also got Renaissance Newark Airport hotel for $45 taxes $14.20,total $59.90, 1 night Nov 14th, early flight on 15th (3.5 star)

Both on Priceline.

Won bid for $61 for one night pre-cruise, 4 star, dntown Ft Lauderdale. Bid same last night for a second room, same criteria, won again for $61. We usually win a bid for under $80 or so for the Grand, but this will be fine. We stayed at the Renaissance 6 months ago for a pre-cruise and it was just fine, but miss the Grand's wonderful balcony overlooking the port. I like to see my ship coming in!

I recently won my bid for 3 rooms, 2 nights (Oct 11 - Oct 13) for a 4* hotel (Crowne Plaza Times Square) at $135/night + taxes (about $162/night all in).

I was only bidding for 3.5* but my offer was accepted at $135/night and upgraded to a 4* hotel.

I'm trying to get a room (post-cruise) on 10/11 in the Time Square zone. I bid 99% of my travel on Priceline and know that they only guarantee the room to accomodate 2 people. With that being said does anyone know if most of the hotels in that zone have double/king rooms or do some of them have only 1 bed? There will b e 3 of us (all women) traveling together. While we don't mind 2 sharing a bed we really need a 2nd bed for everyone to have a place to sleep. When needing 2 beds I've always called ahead and they've fixed us up. I have a hotel on hold for $333+ per night, 2 *. I've bid up to $175 on 4* with no luck. Any suggestions?

I understand that most hotel rooms in NY are very small and cannot even accommodate a rollaway bed. I called Crowne Plaza if we can get King size beds and non-smoking rooms and the reservation staff said that she will put a note in our reservation files but cannot guarantee our request. I will call the hotel again in early Oct.

I was reading the postings in www.betterbidding.com regarding your same question and the moderators would recommend that you book your room with Hotwire because you can request a room with 2 beds.

www.betterbidding.com helped me with my bidding strategy.

I understand that most hotel rooms in NY are very small and cannot even accommodate a rollaway bed. I called Crowne Plaza if we can get King size beds and non-smoking rooms and the reservation staff said that she will put a note in our reservation files but cannot guarantee our request. I will call the hotel again in early Oct.

I was reading the postings in www.betterbidding.com regarding your same question and the moderators would recommend that you book your room with Hotwire because you can request a room with 2 beds.

www.betterbidding.com helped me with my bidding strategy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still trying to get a different hotel through Priceline. Currently I have the Marriott Courtyard on hold and can cancel if my bid gets accepted. I think it might just be an inventory thing. When looking at other online travel agency many are showing no availability for 10/10/09. If nothing changes I'll still with the Courtyard. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

My $55 bid for two rooms in Coral Cables for one night pre-cruise (8/19/09) was accepted by Sonesta Bayfront Hotel Coconut Grove. I've stayed downtown in the past and didn't really like the area much. I'm hoping based upon reviews that Coral Gables/Coconut Grove is nicer.

I just used Priceline for the first time, and I'm quite thrilled with what we got.

Date: 10/15/09 to 10/17/09

Accepted Bid: 4*, $60 = $142.47 total for the two nights

Property: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale on 17th Street

Hello all. Just wanted to pass along this info to anyone interested in a hotel at Batimore's waterfront. I just got the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront for $85/night for a pre-cruise night. It's about 2 blocks from Little Italy and within easy walking distance of most of the Inner Harbor attractions.

When I bid on the Baltimore hotel, I selected the Inner Harbor area, 4 Stars for 9/18/09. This is the 3rd year in a row that I've bid on an Inner Harbor hotel for between $80 and $85. The previous times were for mid-August and I got the Rennasance (don't think I spelled that right) right across the street from the Inner Harbor.

Hello all. Just wanted to pass along this info to anyone interested in a hotel at Batimore's waterfront. I just got the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront for $85/night for a pre-cruise night. It's about 2 blocks from Little Italy and within easy walking distance of most of the Inner Harbor attractions.

Wow, congratulations! Fabulous price, beautiful facility, great location and no transportation needed. Good job! ;)

If you want a really nice dinner, I highly recommend Cinghiale. If you really want to splurge, Charleston.

Edited by madelinerose