Sun Princess Mini Suite D748

BarryandKurt

Hi Everyone,

We are going to be traveling on Sun on 9/24/06 from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and wanted to see if we can get some opinions on our mini-suite. We have 8 in our party (they have balcony cabins, we are not all in the same cabin..haha) and we're planning on hosting some cocktail parties, especially as we are traveling through the panama canal. From what I can make out, looks like the balcony is pretty small? This is our first trip on Princess. We have traveled before on Celebrity, Cunard, RCL, NCL and Carnival. All feedback would be appreciated, especially pictures...THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see if I can assist you by giving you the square footage. I did a bit of research on the Sun Class AB minis a while back before we booked, and kept the figures.

On Baja Deck the AB's are approx 512 sq feet including the balcony

On Caribe Deck the AB's are approx 536 sq feet including the balcony

On Dolphin Deck the AB's are approx 413 sq feet including balcony

Although you have booked the deck with the smallest sq footage, the difference is mostly in the balcony size, not the cabin.

We sailed in B755 this past spring and it really is one of the nicest minis onboard the Sun (if this one opens up, jump on it without question). Totally different then the others as it is designed more like a full suite then the other minis on the side are and it included a really big balcony.

I am sure you will have enough space on your balcony for your group. Even though it is smaller then that rest of the aft minis, the balcony is much larger than the AC's on the side of the ship would have been.

Just found a great shot of the aft suites and mini balconys on the Sun princess.

Click on this link:http://community.webshots.com/photo/346696446/1346717826065188390txEYRU

Your balcony will be the third small one down on the right side of this picture. (Larger ones to the left are of the full suites)

I apologize for interrupting Barry and Kurt's thread, but Toto2Kansas brings up something which has been puzzling me for some time. We have booked Baja 753, a full suite, for a cruise on Sun next year. According to the Princess website, and their own deck plans for the Sun, located here, 753, a full suite, is located on the outside, or right (starboard), and 755, a mini-suite, is located to the left (port), or inside, of 753. Yet, according to the photos in the link that Toto provided, the minisuite appears to be on the right of the full suite. I've noticed this discrepancy on other photos of the Sun Princess. Do I make myself perfectly obscure? Or am I simply confused? Thanks for any insight, and again, sorry for interrupting.

I apologize for that, I thought of it after I has posted that link I found. I know exactly what you are talking about, because I have been in one of those minis recently. I feel so stupid.

Yes, on the Sun, on Baja Deck the full suites on baja deck are on the outside. I know from experience, that is why I feel so silly after making that statement earlier when posting that link. We had B750 just this past spring, which would be the same as B755 on the starboard aft. This is the only Sun Class I have seen where on Baja Deck, the minis are located in the middle while the two full suites are on the outside. Only on this one deck on this Sun Class ship.

If you look closely at that link to the back of the ship pic, it shows a partitian on Baja Deck. Your balcony for your full suite will be on both sides of the white section of the ship. There is a small, thin partitian on Baja Deck that shows up if you look very closely. Which makes your balcony very large, not small like on Caribe and Dolphin outside aft mini suites are.

These two minis, B750 and B755 are real special as they are a totally different layout then the normal aft minis on the Sun Class. Designed more like the full suites then the minis.

Please except my apology for the confusion. When I realized what I had done, I had to be away from the computer for awhile and this is the first chance I have had to check back in and correct the error.

BTW-I peaked into the cabin you have booked, and it is very nice. Even a dining table and chairs. Your going to love it.

As for B750, it is by far our favorite of all staterooms we have sailed in on any line. We loved it even more than some of the full suites we have had in the past. Only way I will ever sail on this ship again is in one of these minis, they spoiled me forever.

OK, I feel bad about confusing you even more about these strange suite/mini suite arrangements. So, I found a picture I had of the aft of the Sun Princess. The picture isn't the best, but I have outlined where the suite balcony is in red. It is hard to see otherwise as it almost looks like the mini suite balcony is larger then the suite balcony. It is very deceiving.

Let me see if I can attach it to this post.

2362167800046132864spDZmW_th.jpg

OK, I feel bad about confusing you even more about these strange suite/mini suite arrangements. So, I found a picture I had of the aft of the Sun Princess. The picture isn't the best, but I have outlined where the suite balcony is in red. It is hard to see otherwise as it almost looks like the mini suite balcony is larger then the suite balcony. It is very deceiving.

Let me see if I can attach it to this post.

2362167800046132864spDZmW_th.jpg

Toto2Kansas:

Thanks very much for the clarification in your two posts. I understand the arrangement now.:) Thanks also for the picture of the suite balcony outlined in red; that was extremely helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. How interesting that the deck plan for suites/mini suites is different only for this one ship (Sun) and only on Baja!

Thank YOU everyone for the wonderful responses and links to your personal albums. That really help me and I can't wait till our cruise on Sunday!! Bon Voyage All!!

Have a wonderful cruise! Hope you enjoy your mini as much as we enjoyed ours! We loved every minute of it. You'll be spoiled though!

Janet

Hello all. We have Caribe 747 reserved on Sun 10-11 and our TA told us the balcony on this mini is 9X13. Can anyone confirm? Norma

We had this same cabin on the Dawn and the balcony was at least 9X13. You will love this cabin. We had a chance to see the full suite next door and I'd take this mini or it any day.

Thank YOU everyone for the wonderful responses and links to your personal albums. That really help me and I can't wait till our cruise on Sunday!! Bon Voyage All!!

BarryandKurt. . .have a wonderful cruise. Please be sure to check back in when you return and let us know what you thought of this mini. I have it reserved in 2008 and would appreciate the insight.

I just came accross your posts as we are contemplating a Princess cruise for our March break vacation.....anyway I was touched by how kind you all were to indicate specific cabin locations for these people - if you are any indication of the people we might meet on a princess cruise than sign me up! Kudos to all of you !!

Archived