BQE to Brooklyn?

bluefintuna

We are coming from Ma. sailing on the Crown 9/30. I read somewhere that there is heavy construction on the BQE and we could sit for hours in traffic. Would that be true on a Saturday? Also someone mentioned getting off at exit 23 (Hamilton Ave.)? Does anyone have the correct address for the Red Hook pier? Thanks for any info.

We are coming from Ma. sailing on the Crown 9/30. I read somewhere that there is heavy construction on the BQE and we could sit for hours in traffic. Would that be true on a Saturday? Also someone mentioned getting off at exit 23 (Hamilton Ave.)? Does anyone have the correct address for the Red Hook pier? Thanks for any info.

there is almost always traffic on the BQE. Hours on a sat. may be unlikly but there will be delays.

The Correct address is the corner of Imlay and Bowne Street..(I think its 114Imlay)....I would get off at Atlantic Avenue if you are coming from the North. Yes there is reconstruction taking place between the Manhattan Avenue exit andTillery Street- but they are keeping three lanes open during the reconstruction both ways although some exits(not the ones you need will be closed)....sometimes its faster going through Manhattan sometimes its not...

Would that be true on a Saturday? Also someone mentioned getting off at exit 23 (Hamilton Ave.)? Does anyone have the correct address for the Red Hook pier? Thanks for any info.

The traffic won't be as bad on a Saturday, but it will be there. If you are coming from the North, the worst of the construction is south of Hamilton Ave.

The address on the terminal webiste is the corner of Bowme and Imlay St.

You can go to the website for the terminal and mapquest it from your home - it may take you off the BQE before Hamilton Ave.

Try this website:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/directions.html

Archived