hump cabins?

jackkip

I presume you're talking about cabins on the Vista-class ships, jackkip?

I can't say for certain, but I'm betting they're no different than another of the same category. The passageways also take a turn there, so it looks like the entire cabin space is just moved over.

On Vista ships, the hump (or 'inside corner') cabins have a little extra real estate by the veranda door. Not much, but enough to move a chair there and have some extra walkin' around room. They also have funky zig-zaggy verandas.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

So are the hump cabins bigger? Do you guys recommend booking these cabins? Thank you for your input.

Jackie

Jackie - With the exception of the suites, it looks like these hump cabins are the handicapped accessible ones. I think that HAL requires documentation in order to book these, just like you would have to have a doctor to certify your need for a handicapped parking tag.

Now, the penthouse suite on Noordam IS spectacular (I've only visited). If you've got the ducketts, go for it. :)

Oh, and the hump suites? You can only book them on hump day. :D

Jackie - With the exception of the suites, it looks like these hump cabins are the handicapped accessible ones.

Non-accessible hump cabins are:

Mimi-suites SZ 6052, SZ 6117, SS 8094, SS 8099

Full suites SB 7087, SB 7088

Candy

Yes, I am talking about the Vista class of ships, and no I am not on the wrong board. I am looking at the Oosterdam and the SS category. Wasn't sure if the balcony was too wierd or something that was better. You know when you spend big bucks you want the right thing. So thank you Candy for your answers.

Jackie

Yes, I am talking about the Vista class of ships, and no I am not on the wrong board. I am looking at the Oosterdam and the SS category. Wasn't sure if the balcony was too wierd or something that was better. You know when you spend big bucks you want the right thing. So thank you Candy for your answers.

Jackie

The hump cabins are located right near the fore and aft elevator banks. We try to get 6117, but it's usually booked already, so we try to get waitlisted for it. We got hooked on suites when we were upgraded from an SS. They put us in 7087 and we were astounded how much room there was! The veranda is kind of angular but you have a view down the side of the ship as well as straight out to sea, so it feels bigger. We still had lots of room!

You need to book the SZ cabins as early as possible. Have fun!

Candy

no it's our belated 12th anniversary and we have 4 kids.

my wife tells me I seem to think i'm still a newlywed.

I'm crazy about her.

Is that wrong?

:)

Definitely not wrong. I take it this will be just a couple's vacation. Good for you.

• 7 months later...
Non-accessible hump cabins are:

Mimi-suites SZ 6052, SZ 6117, SS 8094, SS 8099

Full suites SB 7087, SB 7088

Candy

Candy,

How much could you see on the balconies in front of/next door to you from SB7087, 7088??? I'm in 7086 after not wanting to be by the elevators since they can see on your balcony.

Candy (or anyone who has info)

Since you're familar with these cabins, I have a question: We have a chance to book one of these on a future Eurodam cruise, but I hesitated. Is the balcony the same with on both angles of the balcony AND does the extra little jut in the cabin give you more space at the expense of the balcony? Thanks for the info

Candy,

How much could you see on the balconies in front of/next door to you from SB7087, 7088??? I'm in 7086 after not wanting to be by the elevators since they can see on your balcony.

The forward part of the balcony is by the jutty-out corner of the cabin where the door is. That is the end that looks onto a diagonal portion of the next cabin, if you stand right outside your door. The seating area of your balcony is on the straight part in front of the desk windows, and if you're actually sitting, you can't easily see next door, and vice-versa.

Candy (or anyone who has info) Since you're familar with these cabins, I have a question: We have a chance to book one of these on a future Eurodam cruise, but I hesitated. Is the balcony the same with on both angles of the balcony AND does the extra little jut in the cabin give you more space at the expense of the balcony? Thanks for the info
You don't actually lose real estate on the balcony, it's just oddly configured, and you won't be able to comfortably use the short angle part of the balcony, but it's not much. I'd choose that cabin over one adjacent to the elevator any day.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Archived