qt_esme

Ironing on pacific sun?

Hi everyone,

was just wondering how do i go about ironing? I dont believe there is an iron in the cabin. Are there facilities in the laundromat to do ironing or do you have to pay for so many items to be ironed. i know if you use the special laundry service 20 items for $25 (something like that) they are ironed, but what about ironing alone??

There is a self service laundry on the Sun. One of Main deck and somewhere else. They have washing machines, dryers and a couple of ironing boards with an iron. So apart from queues you can iron to your hearts content.

If you feel the need to iron, do what my DW does - take a travel iron with you. Can buy a steam iron with a fold down handle for less than $50 at airport shops, Downtown Duty Free, etc. Much better/simpler than spending your cruise in a queue outside the laundromat.

Cheers
Bob

We cruised as a family of 5 for 11 nights and I NEVER needed to use an iron. I did take the fabulon iron free with me & used it a couple of times.

Karen

There is a laundromat on every deck. Each has washing machines and dryers (charge) and each room has 2 ironing boards and irons. There was never a queue up for the iron like there was for the machines

I did take an iron with me but never used it, I do not like wrinkles. I took the fabulon stuff but didn't seem to work all that well. There was no queue for an iron unless you go just before getting ready for dinner. Partner washed and ironed his jeans and all was good. Somehow the creases all dropped out of our clothes so didn't need ironing, also I tried to pack things that would not be too much of a pain and we took a suit bag for shirts etc.