Live from Crown Princess 9-21

richard k

Just a short note on how our cruise is doing ,check in was a breeze got to the port at 11:30 from times square only $45.00 for a limo much better than a cab. Went straight to the Platinum counter and was on the boat in 5 minutes. We have b-748 on the aft end great view. Got a welcome note from cruise critic member from the week before.Saw Sarge last night too funny. Food and cookies are great and the ship is beautiful will try to post later in the week.

Richard

Seattle Wa

I'm interested to hear more about your cruise. My wife and I will be sailing on 10/09. There seems to be alot of confusion about who is the cd. If you could find out if James will be back it would be appreciated. He was the cd when we were on the Caribbean Princess and he was excellent. Also, is Sarge there or not? And how long will he be there......he is great, I hope he will still be there for our sailing............

Can you please listen to the CD on the last day on TV. He will be mentioning how the tips are broken down. Who gets what.... Hopefully you will be able to let others know, like I have, that wait staff, stateroom stewards and accommodations staff, buffet stewards, galley staff, laundry staff and others share the $10 per passenger per day. Thanks ! ! !

Enjoy your cruise....

Sounds like you are really enjoying your trip so far.

Can you give me an idea of what kinds of free food are in the International Cafe, the one that has the coffee?

Jenn

The chef at the International Cafe told my husband he was his best customer! We did spend a lot of time there. It was a great area to relax and people watch and eat;) ...At night the music from Crooners,2 floors up,could be heard in the open area and was an added treat for us.

In the morning there are pastries. For the afternoon they have really good little sandwiches, cold salads,cakes and wonderful fresh baked cookies.They are open 24 hours a day and are continuosly rotating the food...

The chef at the International Cafe told my husband he was his best customer! We did spend a lot of time there. It was a great area to relax and people watch and eat;) ...At night the music from Crooners,2 floors up,could be heard in the open area and was an added treat for us.

In the morning there are pastries. For the afternoon they have really good little sandwiches, cold salads,cakes and wonderful fresh baked cookies.They are open 24 hours a day and are continuosly rotating the food...

Hmmm... why do I suspect that I'll be spending a lot of time there? The Coke card I can do without, but I'll be first in line for the coffee card!

Hmmm... why do I suspect that I'll be spending a lot of time there? The Coke card I can do without, but I'll be first in line for the coffee card!

We did spend alot of time there. We befriended 2 young servers who couldn't due enough for us. It was nice having someone happy to see us. I would have loved to take them home with us...

Can you tell me what the internet prices are? I have to meet with a girls mother that is coming on the trip and I'm going to recommend that as a way of keeping in touch.

Also, I have cingular. Does anyone know if that can be used in St Thomas and San Juan without additional charges? I've heard yes, but haven't researched it yet.

Thanks

Marrianne

Can you tell me what the internet prices are? I have to meet with a girls mother that is coming on the trip and I'm going to recommend that as a way of keeping in touch.

Also, I have cingular. Does anyone know if that can be used in St Thomas and San Juan without additional charges? I've heard yes, but haven't researched it yet.

Thanks

Marrianne

We were on the 8/25 cruise -- price for the internet is .35/minute. We have Cingular and it worked fine with no roaming charges in both St Thomas and Sab Juan.

You may want to call Cingular or check their website about the Puerto Rico/St Thomas charge. When looking for info about my service while on the Crown I remember reading some notice about previously not being charged for those locations.It stated that that not being charged roaming was in error and those locations are now being charged.

They also made adjustments to set my service so I could make calls from the islands at a lower rate ($1.99/min)...

Just a short note on how our cruise is doing ,check in was a breeze got to the port at 11:30 from times square only $45.00 for a limo much better than a cab.

What limo service did you use? I will be going from Time Square to the pier as well and I am looking for advice on the best way to get there, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

The person that ask for the captains name is Nicolo Binetti, We took Lincoln Limo service from times square to the ship.It was fourty five dollars plus tip.. Very good and professional on time we left at 11:00 am and were at the ship at 11:30 am. much nicer ride than a cab.

Saturday went to Bermuda took the Princess tour that included the ferry to Hamilton and a five hour tour of the island gonig to St.George and Hamilton and the famous lighthouse. Judy and I had lunch in St. George at a bar by the bay and had the best fish and chips.

At lunch time and after 11:30 pm you can have sandwichs wich are free and cookies. The food prices seem very reasnable. We think the food is better at the buffet than the dinning room.They are showing three football games on the big screen tody. They have given up on the headphones for the muts.

Thats all folks

Richard

PS only about half the peop[le came to meeting for cruise critic.

ttfn

You may want to call Cingular or check their website about the Puerto Rico/St Thomas charge. When looking for info about my service while on the Crown I remember reading some notice about previously not being charged for those locations.It stated that that not being charged roaming was in error and those locations are now being charged.

They also made adjustments to set my service so I could make calls from the islands at a lower rate ($1.99/min)...

Oops, thanks for that tip, I'll have to check that out

The food prices seem very reasnable. We think the food is better at the buffet than the dinning room.They are showing three football games on the big screen tody. They have given up on the headphones for the muts.

Thats all folks

Richard

PS only about half the peop[le came to meeting for cruise critic.

ttfn

No headphones means it's noisy around the pool area again?

Archived