ROLL CALL: Freedom of the Seas, October 22nd

peteukmcr

Hey, Pete. You again! I see you will be celebrating your birthday as well on a cruise. My birthday is the 22nd, the day you depart!

Again, can't wait to see your photos and review of the Freedom of the Seas. What destinations will you be off to?

Too bad we're on different ships. It'd have been grand to have met. Here's hoping you get what you wish for on your birthday... whatever that may be.

Hi Viking Lad

Hope you have a great birthday on 22nd. We're off to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Labadee this time. Near enough the same intinerary as when we did our first cruise on Mariner in 2004.

Decided it was my turn to celebrate a birthday on board this time as in 2004 my partner celebrated his 40th birthday whilst on Mariner. Spooky but I'll be in Grand Cayman on my birthday as he was on his! So, my turn to be taken shopping!

Hopefully we'll make Labadee this time as when on Mariner in 2004 there was trouble in Haiti so we didn't make it as was missed off the itinerary and replaced by CoCo Cay. We didn't make that either as it was too rough to tender, so hopefully this time!

Will definitely be posting a review, but as I said it'll have to wait until we return to UK in early Nov.

Have fun on NOS, you'll like it a lot.

I see you've had some replies to your Roll Call, hopefully I'll get some more for mine before we leave.

• 3 weeks later...
HI from the UK

Anyone joining us on this cruise?

My partner, Steve, and I will be on Freedom starting October 22. We are definitely looking forward to this ship! This will be our 8th cruise, all on RCI. We would be happy to meet you for a drink. :)

-- Mike

Hi Mike

Nice to hear from you. Where are you from? As you can see from my profile we're from the UK. We leave the UK on 20th to Miami via Orlando.

We arrive in Miami on 21st and staying at the Intercontinental pre cruise. What about you 2?

Hi Mike

Nice to hear from you. Where are you from? As you can see from my profile we're from the UK. We leave the UK on 20th to Miami via Orlando.

We arrive in Miami on 21st and staying at the Intercontinental pre cruise. What about you 2?

We are from Durham, North Carolina. We're flying into Miami late Saturday afternoon and staying at the Doubletree on Bayshore Drive. We look forward to meeting you and your partner onboard. Let us know if you would like to meet somewhere once we are all onboard. Hopefully, some other (to this point) shy G&L cruisers will also come by and join us.

-- Mike & Steve

Hi Mike & Steve

Well don't know where to suggest to meet and when, but I'll be partaking of a Bombay Shappire and Tonic at Boleros in the afternoon of boarding! All depends on what time we get on board, I've read it could be delayed depending on how soon immigration clear the previous passengers.

Any other suggestions?

Peter & Patrick

Hi Mike & Steve

Where and when to meet on a ship this size! Well, after we've boarded and managed to get to the cabin (not allowed until after 1, even if we manage to get on board before then), I'll be partaking of a Bombay Shapphire & Tonic at Boleros.

All depends what time we get on board, because if the previous passengers are delayed due to immigration which has happened before, we could be waiting a while.

Any other suggestions?

Peter & Patrick

Hi Mike & Steve

Where and when to meet on a ship this size! Well, after we've boarded and managed to get to the cabin (not allowed until after 1, even if we manage to get on board before then), I'll be partaking of a Bombay Shapphire & Tonic at Boleros.

All depends what time we get on board, because if the previous passengers are delayed due to immigration which has happened before, we could be waiting a while.

Any other suggestions?

Peter & Patrick

Hi Peter & Patrick,

We'll be getting on board as early as we can and plan to explore the ship on Sunday afternoon. We will look for you two and stop by Boleros while we are out and about. Attached is a photo from a recent cruise on Jewel. Keep an eye out for us and if you see us say hello.

See you Sunday.

-- Mike & Steve

25_Years.jpg.978cf8d3dd0bda73a9cef4de076e8608.jpg

Archived