• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What's Going on in Tampa 3/9/07-HTF Good Hotel Room

VernRDH

We are trying to find a decent, not out of this world priced hotel in Tampa for one night pre cruise on 3/9/07. Almost everything decent is gone!! I was on hotels.com and ended up calling them-the res. agent said they are 50% sold out for that time but she did not know why. Anyone from Tampa/St. Pete's/Clearwater have any idea? Thanks for any help.

A week early I think for March madness,maybe some sort of Divisional Championship..

...But I would bet on Spring break..Its that week here..And definitely spring training (Yankees I believe)..

Plus..Its Tampa Florida...Probably always hard to get a room:confused:

Thanks to those who replied. We found out that the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) tournament is being held March 8-11. So we have had to bite the bullet and pony up more money for a decent hotel. We are now staying at the Marriott Tampa Airport concierge level at the highway robbery price of $359. AND no concierge lounge as it is closed from Fri pm to Sun am (we get in at 6 pm fri night). But an easy commute from the airport to hotel (walk across the terminal) and easy to catch a cab or shuttle to the pier in the am.

Thanks to those who replied. We found out that the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) tournament is being held March 8-11. So we have had to bite the bullet and pony up more money for a decent hotel. We are now staying at the Marriott Tampa Airport concierge level at the highway robbery price of $359. AND no concierge lounge as it is closed from Fri pm to Sun am (we get in at 6 pm fri night). But an easy commute from the airport to hotel (walk across the terminal) and easy to catch a cab or shuttle to the pier in the am.

For that price you could rent a car, have a nice hotel in Orlando, a nice dinner, and drive yourself to the pier the next morning.

For that price you could rent a car, have a nice hotel in Orlando, a nice dinner, and drive yourself to the pier the next morning.

We did think of that, but the airfare and flight times are the problem for us. I have to work until noon on Fri the 9th and can get a SWA direct flight to TPA at 2:50pm, arriving at 5:55pm. If I want to fly to MCO, then I have to try to get the whole day off (hard to do) or fly with a stop and not get in to MCO until after 9:30pm. Plus the airfare is more to MCO ($20) at this point than TPA.

Like I said, we bit the bullet. DH is still happy because this trip is costing us WAY less ($1200) than our original booking, the NOS the week of Christmas.

DH decided that we should investigate more options. So we cancelled Marriott Airport and booked SpringHill Suites instead. About $125 cheaper. We would love to do the Orlando thing, but it just won't work out.

Rent the car in Tampa and drive to Orlando. It's only an hour drive. You wouldn't need to fly into Orlando.

look for hotel rooms near the busch gardens area. we did this in jan of this yr for a cruise, and found a hotel across the street from busch gardens for less then 100 a night. it only took us about 20 minutes to go from the hotel to the port....so your not that far away. good luck with the hotel search.

PS. being march 9, its spring training and the beginning of spring break, and the ACC tourney....so rooms are gona be hard to find, but keep looking, youll find one....

GREG

Archived