Help Cat 9a vs suite 11a

tjaker11

We are booked on in 9a wraparound on the Liberty (7445), we have the opportunity to upgrade to a suite guarantee for $30 pp. would this be a wise choice?

Please gives pros and cons if you can

Thanks

Tim / JoAnne

Hey Tim and Joanne....

My personal opinion would be to stay with the 9A instead of the suite guar...Its really a personal choice...Many people like the 9a's due to the fact that they have very large balconys and it is also wider than a suite even the cat 12 suites....You get some awesome views from the back of the ship that you dont get from the side...Also if you go for the cat 11 guar you may be put in cabins 9206 and 9205...These cabins have a regular size balcony and in front of the ship is a large deck that passengers can go on and they can look right into your balcony from there....

If you choose to go with the cat 11 guar you will get priority getting on the ship and getting off the ship...At the begining and end of the cruise...Thats about it....

You will need to ask yourself if you like having a little bit of a bigger room or a bigger balcony...If you also choose the cat 11 guar you may get upgraded to a cat 12 but its never guar that you will...

Hops this helps a little....:)

We had a 9A on the Valor and I will say the very large balcony is great. However, after having it, I would go for the 11 suite. I have been in a couple (on the Conquest ships) and they are great. We had a Jr Suite on RCI and a mini-suite on Princess and I would rather have the space inside than outside. If I want a really big balcony, I'll go up on deck, they don't get any bigger than that.

To me the space is needed when you are trying to get dressed for dinner or getting ready for bed, etc.

I'm glad we did it once, but for the extra $750 we paid, I'd pass next time.

I have never stayed in 9A. We did have one booked on the Victory Sept 2000 but were upgraded to Cat. 11. I guess they must have known something because now I am spoiled. My DH will tell you I was already spoiled before that I just didn't know about Cat 11, cause now I have to have a Cat 11.

I like it cause of the extra space and also the jacuzzi bath. I am a bath person as opposed to those little showers in the regular cabins. For $30.00pp I would book the suite. But be warned-you will probably not go back to a regular cabin after that.

We have stayed in the Lido deck Cat 11 (Conquest) and although it had the same space and bathtub the only thing I did not like about it was it was a lot more windy on the balcony and the forward view is kind of blocked by the bridge. The next time we booked we booked a Cat 11 on the Empress deck.

The missus and I have had 9A and category 11's. We'll be staying with the suite forever. I didn't think the balcony was THAT much smaller in the suite. But the inside room difference, as people have said, is big. There's a separate dressing room in the suite, the bathroom is larger (there's also a tub if that's important), and because of the extra room, there's no need to jam all the toiletries on a small shelf in the bathroom. But the big thing is the priority boarding and disembarkation. Some people don't mind standing in a line for an hour or more. I do. I have a military disability and standing for any length of time is excruciating. With the VIP boarding, available only on category 11 or higher, you get to skip the lines, sit comfortably in a private office while Carnival reps get your S&S cards and take care of the checking in. Then, you get whisked onto the ship and you're sitting in the buffet eating when everyone else is still standing in line. Give me the suite any day.

This will be our 3rd 9a and we love them, I have always requested not to be upgraded. I find the room quite large and never feel cramped but the balcony and view can't be beat. In either case I think you will enjoy what ever cabin you choose. Linda

PS. I can send you pictures of the 9A if you would like. ldavison@twcny.rr.com

Archived