Pacific Star opinions for younger adults

krazy1

I found the top bunk quite comfortable, and because we were in an outside cabin it was great to be able to wake up in the morning and roll over and look out the window to see the water, or the tropical island we were visiting that day. couldn't really do that from the lower bunks - you had to get up to look out the window.

Mmmm, laying on a deck chair watching the sunrise and getting a tan, thats bliss :)

Question actually, are the pools only open a certain time each day? Coz I can see us wanting to go in it either very early in the morning or very late at nite!

Is there pool games like water volleyball and etc? Ive always wanted to play that but have nevr had the chance!!

Actually also, I notice more ppl have booked by a TA rather than direct. Any reason for this?

I enquired at TA's for prices but it was all the same and then if u book with a TA, u cannot directly ring P&O and enquire about your trip APPARENTLY?

One thing ive liked about booking directly is the ability for them to tell u demographics on the cruise. You can find out how many ppl exactly have booked and how many are male/female and quantities in each age groups (18-21, 21-25 ,25-29, 30-40, 40-50 and etc.)

Although one lady I rang once said she couldnt do it, while this other bloke said I have to pass it onto the marketing department and it will take a few days for them to get back to me??!! The lovely girl that booked it for us, gave me stats each time I asked str8 away! I think it just shows how lazy some ppl can be or maybe they didnt wanna do it coz they thought I wouldnt make or have a booking.

Sorry to disappoint you, pools are generally covered over and often drained at night. Don't know what time they open up in the morning.

As for sleeping on the deckchairs I would imagine now that they will definitely not let you do that because of all the increase security.

We have always gotten far better prices through our TA than directly with P&O.

Correct, about the not speaking directly. Once I had a nice guy who did give me info he was not supposed to. Yesterday I rang because we only received 2 lots of documentation (except actual ticket things) between for unrelated individuals. The TA told me that was all he got so I rang P&O and they couldn't even just send me out extra booklets and brochures, I have to ring the TA to get him to ring them to send out the info.

Hi Krazy1 - We just came back from the Tropical Queensland cruise on the 23rd of September and you can claim the GST refund on this cruise they had People at the Brisbane Cruise Terminal just after you go through Customs to help you claim your GST refund and they also had the same setup at the Cairns Wharf - We did not have anything to claim - but we were told to go to these areas if we did have any items to claim the GST refund on?

Duty Free - We could buy anything Duty Free for the whole cruise as long as we were at sea - The brother inlaw and his wife do not have passports and they brought lots of stuff on the 2nd day of the cruise - they keep the alcohol and smokes until the last night of the cruise and deliver it to your room - the shops mainly sell Jewelry , perfume , cameras etc and a lot of P&O stuff - So you can shop Duty Free while at sea - We were only at Willis Island for 5 mins ( the anchor hit the bottom and they pulled it back up again)

Best fun for the Young Ones!!!! (and us old ones too) are the Deck Parties and Island night is the BEST!! the crew love this night and they all join in - more people dress up for Island than any other night - so make sure you do Island Night deck party - lots of fun and a good laugh as well

Peter & Cheryl

krazy1, if ur going on the 20th jan ill be on there too lol

dont worry u will have an awesome time regardless there is nothing better than laying on a deck chair wiv a drink in ur hand and tanning:)

Cool! :) Where are u coming from and who are u travelling with?

Get over the P&O roll call board and add yourself to the list, I have put in a thread for our particular cruise!

Hi Krazy1 - We just came back from the Tropical Queensland cruise on the 23rd of September and you can claim the GST refund on this cruise they had People at the Brisbane Cruise Terminal just after you go through Customs to help you claim your GST refund and they also had the same setup at the Cairns Wharf - We did not have anything to claim - but we were told to go to these areas if we did have any items to claim the GST refund on?

Duty Free - We could buy anything Duty Free for the whole cruise as long as we were at sea - The brother inlaw and his wife do not have passports and they brought lots of stuff on the 2nd day of the cruise - they keep the alcohol and smokes until the last night of the cruise and deliver it to your room - the shops mainly sell Jewelry , perfume , cameras etc and a lot of P&O stuff - So you can shop Duty Free while at sea - We were only at Willis Island for 5 mins ( the anchor hit the bottom and they pulled it back up again)

Best fun for the Young Ones!!!! (and us old ones too) are the Deck Parties and Island night is the BEST!! the crew love this night and they all join in - more people dress up for Island than any other night - so make sure you do Island Night deck party - lots of fun and a good laugh as well

Peter & Cheryl

Thanks for that info Creeky. I did actually wanna call P&O again to speak to someone else and see if they had the same opinion as that chap I spoke to yesterday, I knew my insticts were correct!

So now again I might put on hold a purchase of new cameras until Dec/Jan! Argghhh!!

So now again I might put on hold a purchase of new cameras until Dec/Jan! Argghhh!!

im lucky, i dont have to hold off for my purchase(s). i was going to buy my camera in the 1st week of november anyway. now i just have even more of an excuse to take it with me :D

Duty Free on this trip can be purchased anytime after the first day at sea but it is not delivered to your cabin until last seaday.I must give P&O credit where due as they are now putting the caberet show on at 6:15p.mfor 2nd seating dinersinstead of 10:15 pm.Good one P&O.We must be the unluckiest cruisers with P&O cause we have done over 50 cruises & never been involved in a sex &drug cruise yet???(must be the way we dress)P&O have duty free shops for cameras & electronic gear but check the prices at home first.Formal nites give us a chance to dust off the penguin suit &glamour outfits we never wear at home anymore.Hope this is a help-Happy Cruising.

Peter & Cheryl[/quote]Thinking of going on sapphire next yr.Can u give me an idea of bar prices & currency on board.Have over 50 cruises with P&O and heard that capt,s club got a good deal.Brian & Joy

I must give P&O credit where due as they are now putting the caberet show on at 6:15p.mfor 2nd seating dinersinstead of 10:15 pm.Good one P&O.

Good and Bad, in my opinion My biggest concern about having second seating dinner the lateness of the shows if you felt like an early night, so it is good for that.

However, now It seems like I am going to miss sailaway anyway because the show is on before dinner. This was the plus I was looking forward to of seeing this and not having to rush to get ready for dinner.

Good and Bad, in my opinion My biggest concern about having second seating dinner the lateness of the shows if you felt like an early night, so it is good for that.

However, now It seems like I am going to miss sailaway anyway because the show is on before dinner. This was the plus I was looking forward to of seeing this and not having to rush to get ready for dinner.

From your point of view then, would it now be better to be at first sitting instead of second?? I just talked our whole group of 47 into second sitting and got it confirmed...now I'm not too thrilled with this change of events. This on top of the possibility of no children's sitting for dinner has made it a little difficult.

Thinking of going on sapphire next yr.Can u give me an idea of bar prices & currency on board.Have over 50 cruises with P&O and heard that capt,s club got a good deal.Brian & Joy

Currency is in US dollars - They have money exchange machines on board ( US dollars and also the currency of the next Port you are going to) - Drinks depends on what the exchange rate is at the time - ( but not much different to P&O ) - Cocktail of the day was about $3.25 US - If you drink spirits - sometimes things can get confusing - in Queensland i ask for a rum and coke and you will get a dark rum like Bundy - on the Sapphire you will get Bacardi -you have to ask for a dark rum and coke and will get Capt Morgan etc - the wife likes to drink Vodka and lemon squash (or solo etc) - could not get this? they did not understand what it was and they had no ( soda pop as they call it in lemon ) the only thing close they could come up with was Sweet and Sour which was like a cordial

Peter & Cheryl

So why do they bother?

Karen

Because they have to actually stop outside Australan waters or it's not an 'international' cruise.

Apparently it's not only because of duty free for passengers it also has something to do the taxes and charges imposed by the government - if they leave Australian waters they get tax rebates etc on supplies and what have you, because the ships are registered in foreign ports (London for Pacific Star and Nassau for Pacific Sun).

Archived