Airline restrictions

Cruiser_Rich

Effective Tuesday, September 26, TSA Is Adjusting The Ban On Liquids, Aerosols And Gels

There are two major changes:

1. Travelers may now carry through security checkpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.
  2. After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.

At the checkpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

Thanks much for this website. I heard the tail-end of a newscast earlier today, and /thought/ the rules were going to be a little relaxed, so this is a big help. I am not traveling until June, so probably more changes to come before we depart. Have bookmarked this site.

Just tell me one thing, if you are going on a cruise or vacation how is 3ozs of shampoo or conditioner gonna last for 7 nights. And not every brand has a travel size available. So now this means that I have to transfer my brand into a travel size bottle. TSA-Wake up and get things in order you are barking up the wrong tree. It won't be long that our suit cases will be going on vacation but we have to stay home.

I think the theory is that if you're going on a longer trip (e.g., a cruise), then you'd be packing at least one checked bag anyway, in which case you would pack your toiletries in the checked bag. No need for travel-size anything.

OTOH, if you're taking a short trip (one in which, in the past, you wouldn't have checked any bags), then you can now purchase smaller-size toiletries to avoid being forced to check a bag. This will allow you to pack everything in a carry-on.

They've eased the restrictions to make it more comfortable on the plane and for business travelers. While a travel size bottle won't last you for 7 days, it will last for the 1 night that a business traveler is away so they may not have to check their bags anymore. It also means that people won't have to go without their toothpaste anymore, especially on those long flights where you REALLY need to brush your teeth.

TSA-Wake up and get things in order you are barking up the wrong tree. It won't be long that our suit cases will be going on vacation but we have to stay home.

Homeland Security VERY much has their "ducks in a row" with the liquids ban. I always wondered why the liquid ban was not instituted long before it was.

I have posted this before and will continue to post it until people "get" it. Take a look at this website and checkout the link to "advantages". Second bulleted advantage:

"FIXOR™ can be transported around the world by any method, including commercial passenger aircraft."

http://www.fixor.com/index.html

This stuff can be purchased over the internet, as well as all kinds of explosive/flammable liquids at the local farm/home store.

Archived