Disembark time/Rental Car from Galveston to IAH?

jwachs

Sailing on the Rhapsody in December. I am curious about 'normal' disembarkation time from the Rhapsody. Please let me know what you have experienced or what you have heard to be an approximate disembarakation timeframe.

Related to that, has anyone rented a one way car from Hertz or Enterprise to Bush International Airport? I would like to know the approximate wait time from your disembarkation to getting into your car. Is the line horrendous? Or does it go quickly?

Thanks for your feedback. I'm trying to decide if it would be best to rent a one way rental or just go with a shuttle service such as Galveston Limo.

I would say normal times are from 7:00 to 10:00 depending on if you carry off your own luggage (the 7:00 a.m. time) and when your color is called (all the rest). On my second Rhapsody cruise, the schedule went off like clockwork. There was some sort of holdup the first time and no one got off until nine.

Don't know about the rental car since we always drive down from Dallas.

I live locally so drive but many times have had to take someone to the airport. The lines coming off are long but they go pretty fast, so it would depend. Also, my cruise in May, we had an emergency and had to turn back to Cozumel, so we were 4 hrs late getting into Galveston. A lot of folks were rushing around on Saturday to change their flights to later times.

I cant help with the rental car thing, but I would think it would be less stress to use the shuttle, otherwise you have to factor in going to get the rental car, then dropping it at the airport, then checking your luggage. Just a few less stops and lines you have to deal with at the end of your cruise.

One time I had to take folks to Hobby and drop them then drove to Bush and dropped folks off, had them there just after noon, we got off the ship about 10am, because I refuse to rush, I stretch it out as long as I can..

Sailing on the Rhapsody in December. I am curious about 'normal' disembarkation time from the Rhapsody. Please let me know what you have experienced or what you have heard to be an approximate disembarakation timeframe.

Related to that, has anyone rented a one way car from Hertz or Enterprise to Bush International Airport? I would like to know the approximate wait time from your disembarkation to getting into your car. Is the line horrendous? Or does it go quickly?

Thanks for your feedback. I'm trying to decide if it would be best to rent a one way rental or just go with a shuttle service such as Galveston Limo.

We used Enterprise in April and it was a smooth operation. We were off the ship before the rep had shown up at the pier, so that was the only real wait, and even then it was about fifteen minutes. We then hopped on the shuttle, went to the lot, and the car was ready for us. About ten minutes from leaving the pier.

When in December are you sailing? Any interest in ride share?

SMOOTH SAILINGS.

I haven't used Enterprise to Bush, but did use them to Hobby in August. We had reserved two one-way rentals and it worked out great for us. The only snag was we had to wait about 20-30 minutes after we got off the ship and checked in at Enterprise because they only had a really small car and we had reserved a full-size. I guess as soon as someone turned in a full-size one-way rental they were able to have it for us. There were four of us and it was much cheaper than a shuttle, plus we had the use of the car for the day, since our flight wasn't until 4:30.

We rented a car from Enterprise in April. Had no problems what-so-ever. The car was waiting for us as we got off the ship (approx 10:00am). Had the use of the car for the day and it was much cheaper for a family of four than doing the shuttle.

Archived