Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Radio

"LIVE" from the Grandeur 09/29/06 9NT Western

WRP - you have 9,000 posts and still double once in a while, us newbies shouldn't feel bad when we do it. Impatience does it!

I see the dent remains, some smudging in that picture.:D

I have two questions but they are not about your cruise, sorry.We have been on two cruises and enjoyed them both but my question is this, when booking your cruises do you feel it is cheaper to go through the internet directly with the cruise line or with a travel agency? :confused: We are trying to decide which would be best for our next cruise. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I have two questions but they are not about your cruise, sorry.We have been on two cruises and enjoyed them both but my question is this, when booking your cruises do you feel it is cheaper to go through the internet directly with the cruise line or with a travel agency? :confused: We are trying to decide which would be best for our next cruise. Thanks to anyone who can help.

This post does not belong as a part of this thread. I would suggest you start a new thread on the topic you wish you discuss.

Here are some close ups from the dent...This was taken today in Key West...

Thanks for all of the nice comments...

Theron...I am still trying to find out the info....for you.

Radio

:cool: :cool:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey auntbee51, post that question here at this thread, it's the ask a cruise question thread, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114.

Radio,

I am on he same sailing on the 13th. Have a 10 month old. Is he supposed to take part in the muster and wear the orange life jacket too?!!

Also how far is duvall st from where the ship docks in Key West?

Thanks for your live posts.

yes, everybody has to muster. They will provide an infant life jacket for you.

You can walk to Duvall, no problem from the ship. Key West is an easy port. You just walk off the ship and everything is a block or two away.. :D

Hey big booper i got the bucky dent hint with the go hanks! saw him play many times!:D. Esp big game when he was the hero was it a play off with boston! we had boston sucks shirts that we wore to all the games!

Hey big booper i got the bucky dent hint with the go Yanks! saw him play many times!:D. Esp big game when he was the hero was it a play off with boston! we had boston sucks shirts that we wore to all the games!

I have the original Boston Sucks tee shirts from 1978. They were sold at the stadium for the followup to the original Boston Massacre where the pinstripes completed the demolition of the Sox.:D

He hit the 3 run homer in the playoff game in 1978 to close out the season and the sox. And I had off that day so I could see the game at home !!!

since its still there i guess doesnt bother the cruise much!

Yes you are correct...It is cosmetic damage only. The original dent was 45' long, and the pucture went through the ship in a crew cabin ( No One was injured), but there was considerable damage.

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

I am on he same sailing on the 13th. Have a 10 month old. Is he supposed to take part in the muster and wear the orange life jacket too?!!

Also how far is duvall st from where the ship docks in Key West?

Thanks for your live posts.

You will be asked to take the child to the Muster Drill. Duvall St is 3 Blocks from the ship...You can see Duvall St from the Ship while in Port.

You will have a great cruise...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio.........Is VYBES still the Calypso band onboard???

Yybes is no longer the Pool band...I will get the new Band name for you...

Radio

;) ;)

The Wi-Fi speed is 464 kbps....Impressive....

The speed of Cybercabin on Explorer was 24 kbps.....(VERY SLOW)

More posts tomorrow....

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah go Yanks! now i know we must be the same age! We used to walk across the bridge wearing the shirts and had people honking all the time. we live in orioles terrritory now but i am still a yankee fan!

keep the posts coming radio, it helps me wait until jan!

Hey steve n sherri....any clue what they will do in the drydock?? Big redo or just some fluffing?

we sail in Oct of 07 so it's good to know she will be spiffy......that is if we don't change to a 7 night carib....but we have a GS cause it was a REAL sweet deal.........

thanks

oh....anyone who has any tdbits about grandeur, feel free to email me

crusiermeg@hotmail.com

From what I have been told, the dry dock will be in Mobile and they will replace all the bedding, fix the dent on starboard side, fresh paint and carpet and shine up all the remaining parts of the ship. Should be a very pretty ship when all done, also heard that in the near future they may stretch the Grandeur.

Hey Radio. Can you tell me does Grandeur have Cell Service? Do they have it turned on when in port?

Yes.. they do have Cell phone tower on board, and it is turned off, while in port. In port you must use your network if possible.

Radio

;) ;)

Good Morning everyone... We are 76nm NE of Cozumel. It is now 610AM. Our arrival ETA is 1030AM. The Captain suggested that we may be in for a weather disturbance today(lightning/showers)...but we will just wait and see.

The Freedom of the Seas will be at the International Pier and Holiday will be at the Punta Langosta Pier.

President Fox of Mexico was in Cozumel last Wednesday to inagurate the New Punta Langosta Pier (Downtown) with the Disney Magic. Today however, the Captain suggested that we will tender ashore.

Here are a few more pics of Key West.

More pics to come at arrival....

Radio

Grandeur from Westin Resort

image.jpg

Clinton Square Market (Mall)

image.jpg

image.jpg

We are only 8 nm from Cozumel...the ships time is 830AM...It seems that we may be arriving a little early.. I will post the time when we arrive...

It is currently very cloudy...and overcast. We will all hope that the clouds will break and the sun will come through....

UPDATE....Passports Requirement Date Extended

From Travel Weekly

PASSENGERS returning to the U.S. from Mexico, Caribbean, Canada or Bermuda via a cruise will not be required to show a passport until June 1, 2009, thanks to a provision inserted into a Homeland Security Department appropriations bill that extended the implementation of portions of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. The rule to require passports for passengers was scheduled to take effect in January 2007. According to Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), the co-sponsors of the amendment, the legislation will allow more time to perfect a system that will also make PASS cards an available alternative to passports for land crossings at the Canadian and Mexican borders. The bill was passed on Sept. 29; President Bush is expected to sign it into law. The International Council of Cruise Lines praised Washington's decision, while expressing support for increased security: "The cruise industry applauds Congress' efforts to increase security at our borders but to do so reasonably," said Michael Crye, president of the ICCL.

Radio