Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Radio

"LIVE" from the Grandeur 09/29/06 9NT Western

Hello everyone !

We pulled up to the harbor in Cozumel at 9AM, and dropped anchor at 9:30AM....We should start to tender by 10AM....

I an surprised that the new Punta Langosta pier is complete but we and Carnival Holiday are still using tenders....Hmmm... I am not sure why...

Freedom of the Seas is using the TMM International Pier.

Radio

Approaching Cozumel

image.jpg

image.jpg

Freedom of the Seas

image.jpg

Tender Pier

image.jpg

The Water is still Clear ! !

image.jpg

Radio - awesome pics!

I will be in Cozumel next month for the first time! :D

Enjoy your day!

Great pictures Radio. We were on the August 18 sailing and had a wonderful time. Please say hello to Eric (aka Dale) and the staff at the pool bar for me.

Doug

Thanks for your "Live" posts Radio! I love reading about your adventures on the Grandeur. We've got the Freedom booked this year, but we'll definitely plan a Grandeur trip in the future.

Thanks for your "Live" posts Radio! I love reading about your adventures on the Grandeur. We've got the Freedom booked this year, but we'll definitely plan a Grandeur trip in the future.

REDCAT!!! Hey, drop me an e-mail!!

Theron

Hey,

I have kind of an off the beaten path question - The solarium pool - is it a regular pool, or a swim against the current pool like on the Rhapsody.

THanks!

Scott

It's a regular salt water pool, with a "jet" in the center. We loved it there.

Hey,

I have kind of an off the beaten path question - The solarium pool - is it a regular pool, or a swim against the current pool like on the Rhapsody.

THanks!

Scott

The swim against the current plumbing is there...We used it when the ship was new in 1997...However....it does not work

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone... As we boarded the tender at about 1PM..the weather took a turn for the worse...Lightning and thunder showers took over...A we arrived at the pier, it was a downpour.

The tender stayed at the dock, and we stayed on the tender for about 30 hopind the rain would stop....It finally did ! !

My folks went to get a Burrito as Palmeras, and we decide we would meet up again back on the ship. I walked around a bit, and went in a few shops...then made my way down to the last shop (The Forum Shops).....This is a very nice Mall...(small but nice).....I am currently in the Havana Blue , upstairs...taking adantage of their FREE highspeed wireless internet. I had a great Pins colada, anda very very good Cubano (Cuban Sandwich) I recommend this place...It has about 25 stores, AC, restrooms, and lots of food and drink. I will hang out in here for awhile, and head back to the ship at about 7.....

Tomorrow will be one of my favorite ports....Costa Maya

Radio

Grandeur of the Seas in Cozumel

image.jpg

Raining Hard

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to Cozumel

image.jpg

Here are a few more pics..... Everyone is hoping for a sunny

day tomorrow in Costa Maya .....

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

image.jpg

image.jpg

My Internet connection in Havana Blue

image.jpg

Forum Shops

image.jpg

My View of Grandeur from Havana Blue

image.jpg

Radio - thx for the updates, they're great (I love virtual cruising)!!!

Did I understand correctly that passports won't be required (for most cruising destinations) until June 1, 2009? That would be great as I have already postponed getting ours, but still want to book a semi-last minute cruise to Mexico in Jan or Feb 2007! Please tell me it's true :p !!!

Wow - nice little area you're holed up in right now, will have to visit there next August.

Thx again!

Radio - thx for the updates, they're great (I love virtual cruising)!!!

Did I understand correctly that passports won't be required (for most cruising destinations) until June 1, 2009? That would be great as I have already postponed getting ours, but still want to book a semi-last minute cruise to Mexico in Jan or Feb 2007! Please tell me it's true :p !!!

Wow - nice little area you're holed up in right now, will have to visit there next August.

Thx again!

According to Travel Weekly, and the Homeland Security Dept....

I will validate when I return

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WoW..the sun may be coming out...I will might be able to make it to the beach... I will post next in Costa Maya...

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

:cool: :cool:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The first 4 nights dinner were :

FRIDAY Bon Voyage- Casual

SAT Captains Gala- Formal

SUNDAY Crown and Anchor-Casual- Country

MON 70's- Casual

Hey Radio great posts! We are on the Oct 13 Grandeur cruise and this is a total tease!! I can't wait to be there. You listed Sun dinner as Crown and Anchor, did that mean that was the C&A welcome back party? I am trying to plan my evening attire for the week! Thanks!

Radio....I have an unusual question for ya....you have sailed the Grandeur numerous times so I know you can answer this one :)

I just love those high dollar massage chairs that I have found on several ships - ya know the kind you feed a $1 into and the hard roller balls go up and down your back?? are there any on the GOS??

Radio: Is this Captain requesting the passengers to change time along with the island time? Or are you staying with Eastern Time Zone?

Thanks for the great pics - we are getting so excited about leaving in 9 days!

Radio... great post and photos, look very often to see if you have posted more, kind of ****## me off that I'm not on a ship right now. Hope you are having a great time!

Radio costa maya is our fav too! so many people doent like glad to see someone else loves it!

I may be getting a "virtual tan" as I cruise along with you! Thanks for the updates and the pics. There're great! Now can someone please pass the virtual suntan lotion?

Hey Radio great posts! We are on the Oct 13 Grandeur cruise and this is a total tease!! I can't wait to be there. You listed Sun dinner as Crown and Anchor, did that mean that was the C&A welcome back party? I am trying to plan my evening attire for the week! Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments.....

The crown and Anchor party was on Sunday Night... The Platinum /Diamond Party will be later this week ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Radio: Is this Captain requesting the passengers to change time along with the island time? Or are you staying with Eastern Time Zone?

Thanks for the great pics - we are getting so excited about leaving in 9 days!

Yes , we changed our watches 1 hour forward on Monday night, and tonight we will change our time to one hour earlier... (when we leave the CT zone)

Thanks !

Radio

;) ;)

Radio....I have an unusual question for ya....you have sailed the Grandeur numerous times so I know you can answer this one :)

I just love those high dollar massage chairs that I have found on several ships - ya know the kind you feed a $1 into and the hard roller balls go up and down your back?? are there any on the GOS??

Sorry..no massage chairs, but I have seen them in Key West, Miami (Bayside), and Cozumel...

Radio

;) ;)