Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Radio

"LIVE" from the Grandeur 09/29/06 9NT Western

I'm so glad to see that the pier area has been rebuilt. We were in Cozumel in February and the horrible effects of Wilma were still visible everywhere. The drive to Paradise Beach was through a desert wasteland. It was so depressing. I really hope the island is up and running at full speed again. It is a beautiful place!

Hello Everyone…..We have arrived in Costa Maya….It is still dark outside (The time is 600AM…..We are drifting around about 1 mile from the pier (We must be waiting for the pilot) The weather forecast for today is Scattered Thunder Showers. We are scheduled to dock from 7AM to 4PM. We plan today to go to Mahuhaul (Fisherman’s Village) We will try to catch the Local Ampitheatre Folklore Show. There is a lot to do in Costa Maya……there are many excursions for sale, or there is much to do without and excursion. We are the only ship in port today, so the crowds should be down to a minimum. The pier is very long at Costa Maya, but there is a shuttle /tram, that will take you to the Terminal.

It cleared up yesterday, and I could have gone to one of the beaches, but I just decided to visit some shops, and walk around. I made it back to the ship around 5. We left Cozumel at 8PM promptly.

WiFi was down on the ship yesterday until about 10PM....grrrrr

Today should be a Great Day ….I will be debarking around 9AM….I will post some pics tonight ! !

700AM...We have docked, the ship will be cleared by 730AM

Thanks for tuning in…

Radio

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We are anxious to hear all about this beach as we are planning to go there when we sail on 10/13. Please tell us all about it!

Thanks so much for taking time to answer our questions and post those great pics!

I can't wait to see more pics of Costa Maya, I am so excited to be going there on the Grandeur in Dec., It will be my first time. I have 1 question about the solarium. Do they keep it open most of the time, or shut. I heard the roof retracts, but on my cruise in Alaska on the vision , I never got to see it open. Just wondering , Thanks Radio, love your posts!!!!:)

Oh Radio, can you please (I'm on my knees here) go to The Cat's Meow in Majahaul, stand by their canopy for the restaurant, turn around and face the water, and take that picture of the ships docked back at Costa Maya. I got one of Grandeur and Jewel docked while in Majahaul but my disc went bad. The water and beach was so pretty in the foreground with our beloved ships in the background

Oh Radio, can you please (I'm on my knees here) go to The Cat's Meow in Majahaul, stand by their canopy for the restaurant, turn around and face the water, and take that picture of the ships docked back at Costa Maya. I got one of Grandeur and Jewel docked while in Majahaul but my disc went bad. The water and beach was so pretty in the foreground with our beloved ships in the background

Sorry I didn't read your post until I returned...I DID get a picture of the Cats meow, and I DID get several pics of the ship and shoreline....but not quite what you requested....

Radio

Hello everyone...Today was a great day....The sun came out at about 11AM...It turned into a beautiful day with hot sun (88f), and clear skies.

I went to Mahahual, for a couple of hours, and spent the rest of the day at the Port Facility. There are alot of stores and shops there....It wasn't very crowded (as it can be while 3 ships are there). I received a great lunch, swam around, relaxed, took a nap on the beach...It was heaven ! !

I returned to the ship at about 2/3, and took another nap.....When I woke we had just left port, and are on our way to Port Canaveral.

The Folklore dancers were great...They are working on the Ampitheater, but they dance in the Plaza...They were great.

There is a beautiful resort right next to the pier, but is not easily available for cruise passengers, (at least not offered or supported by the cruise Line or Port) I did talk to a few passengers who were able to go there..they reaved about it...

Theron...how did the Grandeur Pics turn out ?

Tonight is the Magic Show, and tomorrow will be a sea day with tons od activities...I will post the channel Guide, and Movies shown this week as well.

We will also turn our clocks forward tonight...

Thanks for all of the nice comments....

I will try to post again tomorrow AM..

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

image.jpg

Welcome to Costa Maya

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here are a few more of Mahahual.... Yjere are lots more on mu Cruise Page below..Many more to be added on Friday.

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here are a few more ....

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Radio, gorgeous pictures and awesome report. Thanks for taking the time to post! Looks like we need to try Costa Maya.

Keep it coming!!!

Sorry I didn't read your post until I returned...I DID get a picture of the Cats meow, and I DID get several pics of the ship and shoreline....but not quite what you requested....Radio

What you got was even better, Thanks!

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the grandeur would be going to drydock for some sprucing up. Does anyone no what date that is suppose to happen on or how to find out?We are on the grandeur on Mar 10th and I was just wondering if it would be done by then.Thanks

Radio, I love this thread. I will be sailing the Grandeur 5-18-07. You are making it so exciting for me. I am suddenly having a problen opening your photos. The last 2 days I couldn't open any of them. I have an Imac and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any one have any ideas?

Karen

Hey there Theron! Those cruise maps were fun to look at! We will have to coordinate a future Grandeur cruise. Although it looks like we are going to be in port at the *same time* in Cozumel on Halloween! Freedom & Grandeur. Too funny! I think we will be doing the Segways there...

REDCAT!!! Hey, drop me an e-mail!!

Theron

The Folklore dancers were great...They are working on the Ampitheater, but they dance in the Plaza...They were great.

image.jpg

Dancing in the plaza and not an Amphitheater might work to your advantage... lots of natural sunlight helps to show off the bright colors of the costumes... Nice picture!!

PS... Are you SURE you cant come along on the 27th???:rolleyes: :D

Dancing in the plaza and not an Amphitheater might work to your advantage... lots of natural sunlight helps to show off the bright colors of the costumes... Nice picture!!

PS... Are you SURE you cant come along on the 27th???:rolleyes: :D

I would love to join everyone on Oct 7th Grandeur....But I will have to work.

My next cruise will be in January ! !

I am working on the Movie as we cruise...I should have it done soon.

Radio

;) ;)

We are about 360nm from Port Canaveral and about 20 nm from Havana.

The weather is clear, and sunny 82f, this ship is rockin' heavy....Whoa

Here are a few more pics from Costa Maya....

Radio

Cat's Meow....rebuilding

image.jpg

Pier Facility

image.jpg

Mahahual

image.jpg

Dancers in the Plaza

image.jpg

The Costa Maya Ampitheater getting remodeled.....

image.jpg

Radio...Thanks for the trip so it has been great! What kind of camera do you have there? Stunning pixs!

Radio...Thanks for the trip so it has been great! What kind of camera do you have there? Stunning pixs!

I just purchased a Sony DSC W50., An then purchased a Sony adapter to add a and Wide Angle and telephoto Lens.

Thanks for the nice comments...

Radio

We are about 360nm from Port Canaveral and about 20 nm from Havana.

The weather is clear, and sunny 82f, this ship is rockin' heavy....Whoa

Here are a few more pics from Costa Maya....

Radio

Hey there Radio!

Can you take some pics of the sea and the rockin'!?

Haven't finished up with the pics from last Friday yet... wow this week has flown.. I bet even more so for you!

Theron

Hey there Radio!

Can you take some pics of the sea and the rockin'!?

Haven't finished up with the pics from last Friday yet... wow this week has flown.. I bet even more so for you!

Theron

I will take some and post later today.....

I sent you an email...

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: