Self disembarktion on the Mariner

landyn

If you plan to self-debark, you keep your luggage in your stateroom overnight (do NOT put it in the hall on Saturday night!). In the morning, there will be an announcement indicating that customs is available. At this point, head to the 4th deck with all of your belongings. This happened at 7:25 am last Sunday.

Now there was an announcement calling for people with early am tours, and I did not hear an announcement calling for those wanting to self-debark. We headed to the 4th deck at as soon as we heard the announcement about early tours and got off the ship then. I would be prepared to leave at 7:15 am or so.

You must be able to CARRY all of your luggage yourself. There are no porters or carts available to help you. You must be able to LIFT and CARRY your luggage on the escalators. You cannot roll your luggage on to the escalators, or set bags on the steps of the escalators. If you can't carry your luggage, there are elevators available, but there will be a line of people waiting for the elevators. You can roll your bags everywhere except for the escalator. Bizarre, I know. Then you go through Customs.

I didn't see any busses waiting, but there may have been some shuttles available at the far end of the Port building. Those who were self-debarking seemed to have their own cars, or they had someone picking them up. You will want to check with one of the shuttle services or a rental car agency to arrange for transportation.

If everything goes perfectly, you could be at the Orlando airport at 8:30 am (it's a 45 minute drive from the Port). The biggest hold up at the Orlando airport is generally Security, but if you are flying domestically you will have a couple of hours to check in.

Hope this helps!

Archived