New Caledonia brochures arrived!

Tikibird

Yay, I got mine yesterday. Should I be concerned?... P&O shows Luganville as the bottom left side of the island and the brochures show it as the right hand side. Hope they know where they are going. hee hee.

I have had a quick look at a couple of the websites for Vanuatu tours etc. They are much the same price. Jetboat is $55 direct and $65 P&O, Waterfall abseil $99 and $112(?) P&O. So not a lot of difference factoring in the deathdefying cab ride cost to get you to the departure point and that P&O pick you up in nice vans.

A bit confused Jane, what nice vans do P&O pick you up in?

Kerri

For the P&O booked Jetboat tour in Vila, we were picked in a very safe, clean, new looking modern van/mini bus, as opposed to the normal vans that are used as buses there, that are old and rusted.

Trevor

Wow, that's great. Maybe they've updated their ships tour buses. On our last lot of cruises thru the ship the transport was not at all new looking, seats broken and holey. Quite a funny experience. lol

Kerri

Wow, that's great. Maybe they've updated their ships tour buses. On our last lot of cruises thru the ship the transport was not at all new looking, seats broken and holey. Quite a funny experience. lol

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

the minibus was actually owned by the jetboat company.

Trevor

Hi, my last visit to Vila was in May this year (Pacific Sun), and even some of the taxi's have been upgraded... I didn't notice any new buses though. into town was =$10.00 by taxi, and $3.00 by bus.

regards, Lorraine.:) :)

We only paid $2 from the town centre to the ship.

Trevor

Hi, my last visit to Vila was in May this year (Pacific Sun), and even some of the taxi's have been upgraded... I didn't notice any new buses though. into town was =$10.00 by taxi, and $3.00 by bus.

regards, Lorraine.:) :)

I think the $10 for the taxi ride is worth it just for the experience :eek: !!!

The joy of sitting in what would be the driver's seat back here, and driving on the "wrong" side of the road at break neck speeds in cars that look like they will fall apart if they hit one of the many pot holes a bit too hard is one that really shouldn't be missed.:D

I think the $10 for the taxi ride is worth it just for the experience :eek: !!!

The joy of sitting in what would be the driver's seat back here, and driving on the "wrong" side of the road at break neck speeds in cars that look like they will fall apart if they hit one of the many pot holes a bit too hard is one that really shouldn't be missed.:D

:D lol lol. Brings back some hysterical moments. Screaming past people on the wrong side of the road with "cars???" taped together with duck tape:eek: It's the funniest experience.

It was only last weekend, I emailed that place that Jane wrote about and they sent me a nice bunch of maps and brochures.

What was the email address for New Caledonia that Jane wrote about, Tikibird?

I'll try it myself.

Thanks heaps,

Jenny>^..^<

Hi all. Got my brouchers for Jasons in the mail yesterday(Monday). Didn't take long. Ordered online last Thursday. Great service. Haven't had time to look yet but will look sap. On here too much. Thanks for posting web address. Suexxx:)

Archived