Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

preciouskelly

Oct 14 Dawn Boarding time?

Taking the Dawn overnighter on Oct 14. Celebrating our 25th with group of close friends and booked the owners suite and 4 adjoining cabins. Anyway I just downloaded the Docs and I see the start boarding time listed as 2pm. For past cruises we usually arrive around 11:30 and are on board by 12- 12:30. Does anybody know if boarding is really that late?:confused:

Thanks, Tom

Taking the Dawn overnighter on Oct 14. Celebrating our 25th with group of close friends and booked the owners suite and 4 adjoining cabins. Anyway I just downloaded the Docs and I see the start boarding time listed as 2pm. For past cruises we usually arrive around 11:30 and are on board by 12- 12:30. Does anybody know if boarding is really that late?:confused:

Thanks, Tom

All Dawn cruise docs say 2 pm. You should plan to be at the pier around 11 am to check in and wait in the VIP area. Since the dawn passengers will have already cleared immigration and coming in from Newport it should be in early and ready for boarding early as well.

All Dawn cruise docs say 2 pm. You should plan to be at the pier around 11 am to check in and wait in the VIP area. Since the dawn passengers will have already cleared immigration and coming in from Newport it should be in early and ready for boarding early as well.

Thanks, thats what I figured but I did'nt remember seeing 2pm listed on previous trips.

Thanks, Tom

Tom, Congratulations on your anniversary. We have a thread established on the Roll Call page and we are planning on meeting for a drink while still in port, around 2-ish. So far everyone will arrive around 11-11:30 time frame. If you and your guests would like to join us for a meet & greet and to toast to your marriage, please come by the Roll Call page. We haven't decided on the location as of yet.

Tami

Thanks, Tom

Help me out here, what exactly did you download? I do not have any docs yet. Getting very nervous. The only thing that I see on the website is the Registration form. HELP

My pass say's the ship starts boarding at 2pm. I see alot of people are getting there early 11:30/12;00. I just spoke with NCL and they told me 1:30. She said even VIP/Lattitude will not get on as early as 12:00 is this true?? I'm Confused:confused:

Please read shoreguy's post above. our doc always said 2 and we arrive last 5 cruiises on NCL leaving from NY city pier at 10 30 am to 11 30 am. we were in our cabin the latest by 12 30. This was on the Dawn and last April on the Spirit.

My pass say's the ship starts boarding at 2pm. I see alot of people are getting there early 11:30/12;00. I just spoke with NCL and they told me 1:30. She said even VIP/Lattitude will not get on as early as 12:00 is this true?? I'm Confused:confused:

You are wasting your time calling NCL or any cruise line on this. They always tell you to come at the boarding time. Most of the time boarding starts close to 12:00 sometimes a little earlier sometimes a little later.

You are wasting your time calling NCL or any cruise line on this. They always tell you to come at the boarding time. Most of the time boarding starts close to 12:00 sometimes a little earlier sometimes a little later.

I agree.

Get there early and start your vacation:)