Help NCL debug the new Website - post problems here.

calmac

This capability still is not a fact.......only hearsay from "someone". They are still "tweaking" the website. They asked TA`s to give their input.

My opinion........reservations should not be allowed on the site and I do think that it will be a "nightmare", and I did give this opinion to NCL:)

It might be nice to be able to book a specific date for a special occasion or parties but I really don't see the need to be able to book the entire trip's dinner schedule either. It will be interesting to see if there is some limit of how many bookings you can make and how far in advance they can be done.

The address given on the new NCL website to contact for passengers with special requests due to disabilities is incorrect. It kicks back (I have tried using Outlook and outlook express) each time says the name is not recognized.

Do any of you have a good address to request a frig for insulin?

Thanks, Lydia of Ohio

Location of the home port would be nice info to find on the web site. I went to see where in LA the Star sails from and all it says is Los Angeles. Which port in LA???????

The Star sails from San Pedro (official name of the terminal is World Cruise Terminal).

Location of the home port would be nice info to find on the web site. I went to see where in LA the Star sails from and all it says is Los Angeles. Which port in LA???????

Try this:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/staticPages.html?pageId=driving_directions

It can be found on the home page at the bottom "Booked Guest Get Ready to Cruise".

The webcam on the Wind is working, but it's been an hour or more between updates. I'd like to see it change more often, especially during arrivals/departures in ports.

All you have to do is click the refresh on your computer. It is about 2hrs. behind anyway.

This capability still is not a fact.......only hearsay from "someone". They are still "tweaking" the website. They asked TA`s to give their input.

My opinion........reservations should not be allowed on the site and I do think that it will be a "nightmare", and I did give this opinion to NCL:)

"tweaking" under statement the basics are missing most of the links on the bottom bar have no content, privacy policy, legal notice etc.

I'd like to see the webcams upated more often. On the old website it said they would automatically update every 15 minutes. It was usually closer to 30, from what I can tell. It seems to be even longer now.

Personally I would like to see "live streaming" web cams on the ships. I know there is one cruise line that has that....I forget which one. Live streaming is so much better. As it is now all you are really getting is an updated photo. Live streaming makes you feel like you are right there like the "Nola Burbon Street" cam. Love that cam!:D

I would enjoy booking another NCL cruise. Doesn't seem possible though using the new web site. That's not negative. That's trial and frustrating error after error. Why in the world would they put this site out there with so many basic functions not working?

Duckman- it is rough right now, but they will release booking w/in the next few days according to rumour.

Zeno as posted just give it time. No online booking features turned up yet. I am hoping we will be able to see more then 5 or at least request if a specific cabin is available

There have been so many replies since Shoreguy posted this but I wanted to say that you can go to an online travel web site and see what cabins are available. I just tried it a few seconds ago and was able to see the available BA cabins for a November sailing of the Jewel.

What you can probably do for the time being is use an online travel web site to look up which cabins are available and then contact NCL to tell them which one you want if prefer dealing directly through them.

I would enjoy booking another NCL cruise. Doesn't seem possible though using the new web site. That's not negative. That's trial and frustrating error after error. Why in the world would they put this site out there with so many basic functions not working?

Sorry you misunderstood. When I was referring to negativity, it was a LOT more than just the one post from the person I was responding to. He has made the same type of negative cracks for months. I find it amazing that he bothers to come back to the board since he obviously has no intention of cruising NCL (for which I'm grateful ;) )

BTW-I've never booked a cruise from the NCL web site, I use a TA and have always gotten as good (or better) a price than the NCL site has and I let the TA take care of any problems that might arise. Plus, he has contacted them for me in the past and gotten me a couple of great upsells. At this point, we've developed enough of a relationship over the years that even if his prices were slightly higher than the NCL site, I'd probably still continue to use him. And if I were to change it would probably be to one of the TA's that posts to this board and is familiar with NCL.

-Monte

"tweaking" under statement the basics are missing most of the links on the bottom bar have no content, privacy policy, legal notice etc.

I think the bottom nav bars are working. I was able to look at legal notice, etc. Those links are a different color, but they are working.

Archived