42 days till we cruise how much do we lose if we cancel

Illinoisgal

I knew this would happen, One person on our group is having to cancel. Our cruise is 42 days away, if we cannot find someone to go in her place( name change theory) how much will we lose( making them pay us back of course) if she cancels? I searched carnival and here but no answer. thanks

First off, congrats on the wedding!!!! Isn't it amazing that some people can be sooo insensitive? You would think she would have already checked out the whole vacation time thing. :rolleyes:

Of course, since you are so nice, I *guess* I could fork out the $50 to change the name and go with you. It would be rough... but I think I could swing it. Only for you, of course. :D

Seriously if she can't go then it is her loss... find someone else and have a blast. Make sure you take lots of pics to show her (while saying "Nah-nee nah-nee boo-boo" in your head) so she has memories of your wedding. :D :D

I sure hope this works out! Relax and enjoy your day! It isn't about her... it is about YOU and your soon-to-be DH!

Have fun!

Cindy (counting down the days until we are in Heaven on the 'Quest!)

~ please ignore spelling... I'm dyslexic ~

I don't know who you booked the cruise with, but some TAs charge their own fees for name changes, cancellations, etc. in addition to any fees Carnival charges.

Good luck on your wedding. I can't believe your dad's fiancee is backing out!

His dad's still going, right? There's no reason he shouldn't go and have a good time just because she didn't check out her vacation days soon enough. Don't stress, just take it as it comes and hope for the best. It will all work out and when you get on the boat it will all be okay.

His dad's still going, right? There's no reason he shouldn't go and have a good time just because she didn't check out her vacation days soon enough. Don't stress, just take it as it comes and hope for the best. It will all work out and when you get on the boat it will all be okay.

As long as dad is willing to cough up HER fare... Unless the fiance isn't looking for any money back... in that case, no worries... but if she wants her fare (minus deposit) back, he will have to pay in order to still cruise.

Thanks so much I knew it had to be somewhere. This is my wedding cruise and we paid for his dad and fiancee to go... now the fiancee doesnt have enough vacation days all of the sudden GRRRr

I don't quite understand....you said you paid for both of them right?

If she does not go...then she would just be a no show. Your father in law would have the cabin to his self. You were paying for her anyway and you already made final payment....you won't be out anymore money then you would if she were to go along.

If you have not made final payment, then you would be paying only one port charge.....so it would be a little less.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding! Our son was married on a cruise and it was wonderful!

I don't quite understand....you said you paid for both of them right?

If she does not go...then she would just be a no show. Your father in law would have the cabin to his self. You were paying for her anyway and you already made final payment....you won't be out anymore money then you would if she were to go along.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding! Our son was married on a cruise and it was wonderful!

Very true... The OP is out nothing, and FIL still gets to go!!

Update Yes I talked to him this am, told him I was upset etc. Apparently up until her last paycheck it showed enought vacation time, not two days are missing. If she goes she loses her job. I think they want to get rid of her. She misses alot of work whines all the time ( there not at home) etc. I looked up the 1A for 1 person is 389 , I paid 400 each for them to go ( And have asked repeatadly before the 60 day cut off if everone still wanted to go etc) so if I cancel her fare i get half back (200) and since I already paid the 400 for him to go it should be square. This is a group cruise , and most of you call this guy for your cruises here. Does his company have fees when 1 person has to cancel. I already to Neal to cancel his perks Ie cabin credit etc. All his cheap dad said was sorry , my taxes are due next week and all. WHAT?? Ours our too, plus paying for the wedding etc. He is just a cheap man. Said they were tired of fighting her work to find out what happened. ARgh!

First off, congrats on the wedding!!!! Isn't it amazing that some people can be sooo insensitive? You would think she would have already checked out the whole vacation time thing. :rolleyes:

Of course, since you are so nice, I *guess* I could fork out the $50 to change the name and go with you. It would be rough... but I think I could swing it. Only for you, of course. :D

Seriously if she can't go then it is her loss... find someone else and have a blast. Make sure you take lots of pics to show her (while saying "Nah-nee nah-nee boo-boo" in your head) so she has memories of your wedding. :D

I sure hope this works out! Relax and enjoy your day! It isn't about her... it is about YOU and your soon-to-be DH!

Have fun!

Cindy (counting down the days until we are in Heaven on the 'Quest!)

~ please ignore spelling... I'm dyslexic ~

Hey greatdanes mom ( mine was sick last week :) anyways i wouldnt let you room with him, I liike you too much :)

As long as dad is willing to cough up HER fare... Unless the fiance isn't looking for any money back... in that case, no worries... but if she wants her fare (minus deposit) back, he will have to pay in order to still cruise.

no he isnt out any money just us. we will be out the 200 which is half of her fare/deposit unless there are more cancelation fees I dont know about. I think they sould pay us back the money but I WILL be a better person than they are. I hope he is on the Other end of the ship

Update Yes I talked to him this am, told him I was upset etc. Apparently up until her last paycheck it showed enought vacation time, not two days are missing. If she goes she loses her job. I think they want to get rid of her. She misses alot of work whines all the time ( there not at home) etc. I looked up the 1A for 1 person is 389 , I paid 400 each for them to go ( And have asked repeatadly before the 60 day cut off if everone still wanted to go etc) so if I cancel her fare i get half back (200) and since I already paid the 400 for him to go it should be square. This is a group cruise , and most of you call this guy for your cruises here. Does his company have fees when 1 person has to cancel. I already to Neal to cancel his perks Ie cabin credit etc. All his cheap dad said was sorry , my taxes are due next week and all. WHAT?? Ours our too, plus paying for the wedding etc. He is just a cheap man. Said they were tired of fighting her work to find out what happened. ARgh!

Are they already in a 1A? If not, there may not be 1A's available... if there is, switch him to the 1A and he'll just pay 150% for the single supplement... if he has to go in a higher category, it will be 200%... Since he will be paying the single supp or double, he should still get perks for the 1 person... we have singles all the time in our group. This agency doesn't charge for cancellations, or they never have for our groups.

Are they already in a 1A? If not, there may not be 1A's available... if there is, switch him to the 1A and he'll just pay 150% for the single supplement... if he has to go in a higher category, it will be 200%... Since he will be paying the single supp or double, he should still get perks for the 1 person... we have singles all the time in our group. This agency doesn't charge for cancellations, or they never have for our groups.

Thanks Goincruisin, I knew you would know who I was talking about. They were booked in a 4a( we paid the base 399 pp 4a fair and if they wanted to upgrade to a 6a they paid the differance) hence his dad is cheap they were a 4a, I checked and they do have 1A left ( suprised!) I really dont care if he does miss out on the goodies, When we were thinking of booking my mom in a 1a it was a bit more so she could retain the perks, at this point I would rather save some of my money,

Everyone have a drink for me!!! I did a cruise wedding to avoid the stress, plus need to get to that platinum mark only 6 more to go!

Thanks Goincruisin, I knew you would know who I was talking about. They were booked in a 4a( we paid the base 399 pp 4a fair and if they wanted to upgrade to a 6a they paid the differance) hence his dad is cheap they were a 4a, I checked and they do have 1A left ( suprised!) I really dont care if he does miss out on the goodies, When we were thinking of booking my mom in a 1a it was a bit more so she could retain the perks, at this point I would rather save some of my money,

Everyone have a drink for me!!! I did a cruise wedding to avoid the stress, plus need to get to that platinum mark only 6 more to go!

Looks like they have 1 left... I'd get it QUICK!!! Have a great cruise!!

You were paying for both of them to begin with right? If they both were to sail then it would be no problem? Now that she is not sailing you don't want to pay for either one?

You have been with him for 13 years..........kinda think you knew what was going to happen LOL! Good luck!:)

You were paying for both of them to begin with right? If they both were to sail then it would be no problem? Now that she is not sailing you don't want to pay for either one?

You have been with him for 13 years..........kinda think you knew what was going to happen LOL! Good luck!:)

HI i dont mind still paying for him, Im mad that they are doing this last minute so we lose her deposit. if she could still go no worries, but we are out the depo and when you are paying for your own wedding every bit helps. I couldve bought a lot of drinks with that ( he didnt offer to pay for anything but that is a whole other thread :) hopefully that raise in the supplement fare wont be even more cash. I think he sould cover it but I am not that way so we will cough it up

His dad also mentioned(right after we told everybody the plans) that they should get married on ship too. this will be his 3rd marriage if they ever go thru with it, they have changed the date 4 times. He got an earful from several relatives on that note! Im glad they were looking out for me! If he would have tried that I wouldve had to go crazy

HI i dont mind still paying for him, Im mad that they are doing this last minute so we lose her deposit. if she could still go no worries, but we are out the depo and when you are paying for your own wedding every bit helps. I couldve bought a lot of drinks with that ( he didnt offer to pay for anything but that is a whole other thread :) hopefully that raise in the supplement fare wont be even more cash. I think he sould cover it but I am not that way so we will cough it up

By putting him in a room by him self....will you loose your benefit of having a group.....where you will get so many free cruisers? I know on our wedding cruise we had 2 people bow out at the last minute....it was too late for a full refund, so they did not ask for anything. We still were able to get two cruises paid for minus the port charges(bride and groom)and another passenger used their cabin.

What ship are you getting married on?

Archived