• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Calling Card info

Ok folks, let me apologize in advance, because I'm sure this has been asked 10 million times, but y'all are so patient, so let me please ask again. :)

If I have a calling card (I live in Canada), will I be able to use it at the ports we stop off at to call home, or will I have to buy a card there? If thats the case, do I have to buy a card at each different port?

Thanks for your help!

I bought an international phone card for my trip to Bermuda in August. I wasn't able to use it, and had to buy one there. There were not expensive. My mom is in Europe right now and the same thing happened to her. So I imagine you will need to do the same. I ended up giving my card to the my bartender on board. Have a great vacation.

Chrissy

Your phone card is good when calling FROM Canada. You need a card that is good calling FROM an international port. Just buy one onshore at the port where you intend to make the call. I think you can buy them in different value increments, so it shouldn't break the bank!

Or, use the ship's e-mail. It's 50 cents per minute--if you type fast, it's the cheapest way to go!

Most all ports have an internet cafe close to the pier. Just ask a crew member where to locate one. Depending on the island, they will sell you a local card (Cayman - around $12 for 20 minutes) or you just make a call and then pay cash for it. (Cozumel - around 75 to 95 cents a minute)

Archived