*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

It really is cool to watch it. As I said to some of my fellow Spamdammers as we were seated out on our balconies watching the approach: "This just isn't something we see every day."

Of course, my mind cant help but cast itself into the future to what it will be like to be aboard the Zaandam coming into port at the end of MY cruise. :(Kinda adds a hint of melancholy. But ... it doesn't last long. That's not for another 15 days. :)

The last several minutes we've been able to listen as the Zaandam's public address system has been "dinging" and announcements have been made ... mostly crew announcements though a few have been for passengers. :D

We're ready to go!!!!!! :)

Yippie!

Check out in about 20 minutes and head down to join the bus for transit across to the pier.

The next time I post I will be posting from the Zaandam. :D

Oh, what great pix!

Scotty just called from the hotel - says he Martha, Greg and Christopher had a great time staying up late eating their vegetables... (Martini Olives, natch ;) )

He said that everyone looks great (esp Greg - Congrats!) and happy - so glad to be together finally/again.* He's expecting to spend the next few days at sea in the gym - helping to supply extra power to the engines via the treadmill???

We had to laugh - he says "Our ship looks so small next to Oosterdam"*:eek:

Another longtime lurker here! Wonderful, wonderful pictures:) San Diego is a beautiful city, spent my teenage years there and really hoping to sail from there someday. Wishing all you Spammers a fabulous fifteen days:) Thanks to Rev.Neal, RuthC and everyone else who will be contributing to this post. BON VOYAGE:) :) :)

We had to laugh - he says "Our ship looks so small next to Oosterdam"*:eek:
That was my reaction when Prinsendam was berthed across from P&O Arcadia last month (about the same size as Oosterdam). But I much prefer the smaller ships.

From those there in person, how does the Oosterdam look now that she is out of Dry Dock? From the Web Cam she looks great:) Just like Brand New, but then I think the Zaandam looks pretty "DAM" good as well.

Nothing like watching thru the Web Cam my favorite ship and my Next ship we will be cruising on in just 40 days:D

Jim, I am guessing there is just a bit of confusion with it being early in the season and the ship just returning to SD. Probably new help working at the pier. Hopefully they are not having probelms with the computers for check in. They were having that for us boarding the Veendam 2 weeks ago.

Actually the line was a bit worse than that on October 8th last year when we boarded the Oosterdam, but then there were more people getting on the Oosterdam than the Zaandam. My guess is Jim is right they all want to get to the Lido for lunch:D

Thanks Hammy, we will enjoy the cruise and new friends. It would be nice to have some "ham" on the ship with us. :p

The shorts are on.:D I still have to get my jeans out of the dryer for the dining room on formal night.:eek:

If you get the chance, and are so inclined, while onboard, check in on this thread. I don't think the spamdammers will mind and it might give us all a sneak preview of the new and improved O. BV and break a fig. :)

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a line like that! Here's hoping everyone stays calm and happy!

Lines like that are not uncommon for the gay cruises around 1-2pm:* through the terminal, out the door and around the building....

Of course, there's alot more luggage on them too.

;)

Dinner at Ruth Chris was EXCELLENT. We had a great time. Here are some photos.

ruthchris1.jpg

And, of course ... here's RuthC having LOBSTER!!!!!! :D

ruthlobster.jpg

Hey!

There's my parental unit!

(Not RuthC, BOBPATJ)

I'm having a terrible time with the webcam. When I try to zoom, my whole internet freezes. I had to shut down completely and start up again.

I'm going to have to rely on the pictures you post, Lisa. No way I can be here at 6:00.

Darn it!!! I so wanted to be here! We'll be back early ... just going for a bite.

I can't believe how excited I am about the Spammers cruise!!! Two whole weeks, you lucky people!:D

Look at that line!!!! (11:40 a.m. local time.)

[ATTACH]29923[/ATTACH]

Everyone's trying to make it for lunch!!

LOL ... that is precisely why I never try to board the ship early. When I was in San Diego, I didn't even get out of bed until 11:00 a.m. ... and didn't finally wander over to the pier until well after two. Practically walked right onboard ... probably less than 15 minutes from pier to ship. Sorry, but no lunch to me is worth standing in that kind of a line ... especially if I know there are plenty of good lunches (not to mention breakfasts and dinners) awaiting me once onboard the ship. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm having a terrible time with the webcam. When I try to zoom, my whole internet freezes. I had to shut down completely and start up again.

I'm going to have to rely on the pictures you post, Lisa. No way I can be here at 6:00.

Darn it!!! I so wanted to be here! We'll be back early ... just going for a bite.

I can't believe how excited I am about the Spammers cruise!!! Two whole weeks, you lucky people!:D

Heather, don't feel bad, we were all having a terrible time with the web cam. I think it was because so many were trying to access the cam and looking at two different HAL ships. The camera's angle kept changing, it was a mess:(

LOL ... that is precisely why I never try to board the ship early. When I was in San Diego, I didn't even get out of bed until 11:00 a.m. ... and didn't finally wander over to the pier until well after two. Practically walked right onboard ... probably less than 15 minutes from pier to ship. Sorry, but no lunch to me is worth standing in that kind of a line ... especially if I know there are plenty of good lunches (not to mention breakfasts and dinners) awaiting me once onboard the ship. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I could not agree with you more Rita:

I am luckier than most since I only live about a 20 minute shuttle ride from the pier but never leave home before 2:00 p.m. and I usually breeze right through all the formalities and am onboard and in my cabin with 20 minutes of having arrived at the terminal.

I know that I will have many great Lido lunches ahead of me on the cruise so I can certainly afford to miss one.

Valerie:)

Archived