Shore Snorkel or Klein Bonaire?

Lily14

We are trying to decide whether to do a shore snorkel excursion, or take the water taxi over to Klein Bonaire. Is the snorkeling at Klein Bonaire worth the boat trip over?

Thanks!

Unfortuniately they are both equally great. Over on Klein there is a better chance to see a turtle but no guarantee.

Bob

You don't have to dive down to see fish at Bonaire. The water is the clearest I have ever seen.

You will even see people snorkeling right next to where the ship is docked.

We used Renee to snorkel from shore. She does either a half day or full day.

That's what I thought about the snorkeling from shore on Bonaire...that you wouldn't have to dive down.

Have you (or anyone else) been out to Klein Bonaire? That is where I was concerned that you might have to dive down to see much. We were thinking of going out to No Name Beach but I want to make sure the snorkeling will be good.

Deb

Sorry but I haven't been to Klein Bonaire.

My first cruise to Bonaire I talked to a couple of people who took the ship's snorkel excursion and they said it was great. It took them to Klein Bonaire and they snorkeled from the boat.

On my trip there last year, a friend did the ship's excursion and said the water was not calm. He also snorkled from the boat. He said he saw more on his snorkeling excursion from Tortola. Maybe the boat took them to a bad spot ? Maybe he got frustrated with waves? I have always heard the snorkeling was great at Klein Bonaire.

There is a dock in town with a bar. There is usually a lady there that runs excursions to Klein. I can't tell you much since we were finished snorkeling and getting a drink at this bar when I saw a couple people from the ship take her excursion.

Archived