Need Bahamas Book Recommendations

Michelle1234

My favorite thing to do on a cruise is read. I love finding great books that involve the places I'm visiting. In a couple of weeks I'm off to the Bahamas on the Dawn. So does anyone have any great novels, reality based books, biographies etc that they could recommend? Basically I love all types of books and am looking for recommendations where you thought it was truly a great book! Were also stopping at Port Canaveral so NASA based stories in Florida would be great also.

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Looks like no one has any recommendations for you so far. I guess this is a tough one. I work in a bookstore, so I'm used to customers making very specific requests. I couldn't come up with any titles off the top of my head so I headed out onto the internet to do a search on Barnes & Noble and on Amazon. There were a lot of titles that came up after I put in "Bahamas" and "fiction" as keywords. I can't vouch for any of them though as I hadn't heard of any of these titles. I thought I'd jot down a few of them, then recommend you check out these web sites to see what you think. Most of the titles will have reviews from the readers so you can see what people thought about these titles & others.

Bahamarama by Bob Morris

Flip Flop by John Bloomfield

Wildcat Did Growl by Russ Hall

Bahamas West End is Murder by Dirk Wyle

Thunderball by Ian Fleming

I have to say the pickings are slim. I found more choices listed on the B&N web site than on Amazon, but it seems as if most of the titles have to do with drug trafficking, apparently a common theme in tropical fiction. I believe you'd have more to choose from if you broadened your search to include the Caribbean, but that isn't what you really want to read, is it?

If you come up with a good title on your own, let us know.

Good luck.

Janet

Hi Janet,

I really appreciate your effort. It does appear that folks don't have alot of rave reviews for books in this location.

Anyone,

Perhaps the Florida space center or books about the space shuttle?

Thanks again in advance!

Michelle

Archived