Aruba

Joe876

I'm still waiting until they resolve the murder of the American girl before I visit that place. If I want that kind of action... I could visit Haiti... or maybe consider Jamaica... :(

Murder?? No proof of anyting so far from what I have read.

Statistically Aruba is MUCH safer than many american cities and most other islands

There has been a tremendous amount of hoopla and media overkill about this case ...sad that Natalee Holloway is missing, but frankly there is NO ongoing problem in aruba, no serial killer at work, no other missing girls.

Aruba is a safe place and I know people who go there and love it.

Hopefully Carnival will add it back on, they are building new pier I hear.

And hey let's get honest...Jamaica is pretty much tours or all inclusive resorts, Haiti is a place not many vacation in except for Royal Carribean's 'private island"

FYI : an american writer named Claudia went missing from an all inclusive resort in Jamaica...her body has not been found but her blood was found in the trunk of the bartender's car, he and others at the resort have covered up what happened, destroyed security tapes..this is fact, not specuation...no justice for her. So are you boycotting Jamaica??

The week Natalee went missing, 2 young american Men, afro americans, were murdered in our own island of St Thomas.

Right now there are 22? missing americans in mexico...many other incidents of crime in the carribean, and yes, in tourist states here in the usa

Would you go skiing in Colorado?? After all...Jon Benet's killer has not been found

It would be a sad thing if our own country was punished by a boycott for one incident, or punished because people do not percieive that a case was handled to their liking

Oh, of course IF there was breaking news that murder was proved, that there are facts or formal charges and/or evidence, please do let us know

Sorry for the rant..but frankly the hypocrisy of this foolish and failed boycott amazes me. Sad for any person to be hurt or harmed or missing. But at some point you have to say : getting drunk in a foreign country and leaving with 3 locals is not a smart thing to do, and friends don't let friends do things like that. This might be a good cautionary tale to those who get "wasted" at Carlos and Carlies, Senor Frogs etc while on shore.

I would love to go to Aruba, have only heard great things about it

Seems to be very friendly, stable, and free of annoying beggars and pushy people that can make other islands not as enjoyable

some lines that go there : Princess, RCI, Hal (on a few cruises I think), MSC Italian Cruises

I would love to see Carnival put a ship from south florida to the southern Carribean...that would be great

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I'm still waiting until they resolve the murder of the American girl before I visit that place. If I want that kind of action... I could visit Haiti... or maybe consider Jamaica... :(

The American girl was a victim of her own irresponsible behavior and stupidity. Don't blame the island. The same exact thing happens in NYC on almost a monthly basis. It is not some phenomena. It is what happens when you get falling down drunk and leave with strange men to do Lord knows what just so that you can have a story to tell when you get back home. Aruba is not responsible what happened to Natalie. Natalie is responsible for what happened to Natalie.

Go visit the island. Just use common sense.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Why would anyone want to visit Aruba???? Not me...........Will always remember Natalie!!!!! Plenty of other places to go to beside Aruba!!!!

Same thing happened over the last few months to different drunk women in NYC. Are you a member of the Natalie Holloway Fan Club?:confused:

Murder?? No proof of anyting so far from what I have read.

Statistically Aruba is MUCH safer than many american cities and most other islands

There has been a tremendous amount of hoopla and media overkill about this case ...sad that Natalee Holloway is missing, but frankly there is NO ongoing problem in aruba, no serial killer at work, no other missing girls.

Aruba is a safe place and I know people who go there and love it.

Hopefully Carnival will add it back on, they are building new pier I hear.

And hey let's get honest...Jamaica is pretty much tours or all inclusive resorts, Haiti is a place not many vacation in except for Royal Carribean's 'private island"

FYI : an american writer named Claudia went missing from an all inclusive resort in Jamaica...her body has not been found but her blood was found in the trunk of the bartender's car, he and others at the resort have covered up what happened, destroyed security tapes..this is fact, not specuation...no justice for her. So are you boycotting Jamaica??

The week Natalee went missing, 2 young american Men, afro americans, were murdered in our own island of St Thomas.

Right now there are 22? missing americans in mexico...many other incidents of crime in the carribean, and yes, in tourist states here in the usa

Would you go skiing in Colorado?? After all...Jon Benet's killer has not been found

It would be a sad thing if our own country was punished by a boycott for one incident, or punished because people do not percieive that a case was handled to their liking

Oh, of course IF there was breaking news that murder was proved, that there are facts or formal charges and/or evidence, please do let us know

Sorry for the rant..but frankly the hypocrisy of this foolish and failed boycott amazes me. Sad for any person to be hurt or harmed or missing. But at some point you have to say : getting drunk in a foreign country and leaving with 3 locals is not a smart thing to do, and friends don't let friends do things like that. This might be a good cautionary tale to those who get "wasted" at Carlos and Carlies, Senor Frogs etc while on shore.

I would love to go to Aruba, have only heard great things about it

Seems to be very friendly, stable, and free of annoying beggars and pushy people that can make other islands not as enjoyable

some lines that go there : Princess, RCI, Hal (on a few cruises I think), MSC Italian Cruises

I would love to see Carnival put a ship from south florida to the southern Carribean...that would be great

Aruba was great, I was there on the Destiny back in August. The people we talked to said they have no idea what happened to her. I'm going to check out Princess. Royal is nice but just lil bit expensive..I don't mind paying for it myself but I know others in our group won't. That'd be nice if Carnival had a ship from South Florida to the southern Carribean.

Quite a rant...:D

I really didn't think anyone would come to the rescue of Aruba...:rolleyes:

LOL....read the port boards ...how many people are hassled on aruba or feel unsafe there?? NONE...compare that with some of the other islands, or even places in the usa

You should be perfectly fine in aruba as long as you have common sense

However, Venture I think you might want to reconsider your Pride mexican cruise IF these things truly bother you...Amnesty International has put up a petition Since 1993, over 370 women have been killed or have "disappeared" in Ciudad Juárez and Chihuahua, Mexico. Many of the victims were raped and mutilated.

To date, the Mexican authorities have been slow to act in response to the horrifying pattern of violence that has become commonplace in Juarez and Chihuahua.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/895598023?ltl=1160362361

Oh...and there are 41 (plus) Americans missing in Mexico...so really maybe you should reconsider your plans.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164890,00.html

Suzan..you are a breath of fresh air...sad but true..if anything people should learn to NOT get plastered in port, and to have friends watch out for friends.

Why would anyone want to visit Aruba???? Not me...........Will always remember Natalie!!!!! Plenty of other places to go to beside Aruba!!!!

LOL>> pretty funny...370 plus missing and murdered women the country does not seem to care about...and 41 (43?) missing americans...

yet you would boycott a very safe island over one individual incident that could have easily been prevented with just a little common sense??

Don't get me wrong..I would go to Mexico since I don't believe in using boycotts and tourism as a weapon..but I would be more cautious and wary in Mexico than in safe aruba

Not to mention the way Mexico is "doggin" Dog the Bounty Hunter haha

Very cool... nothing like coming to the rescue of Aruba...

really... top of my list of places to visit... :rolleyes:

BTW... anyone own stock in Aruba...? :cool:

??? I don't think islands sell stocks...LOL

but if they did aruba would be the one to buy

Care to address the many problems/murders/rapes and missing americans in Mexico??? I gave you proof and stats on that. I hope you will reconsider your cruise if these things affect you so deeply.

~~~~~ for those interested in aruba, I have seen that MSC Italian Cruises is offering some insanely low 2 for 1 prices out of Ft Laud for 11 night cruises to southern Carribean, and they visit Aruba!

I think it is a different more european cruiseline, not that glitzy etc, but the prices are really low, $600 and up for 11 nights, on their website

...I hope you will reconsider your cruise if these things affect you so deeply.

They don't affect me deeply at all. But I still don't see why folks are so defensive of Aruba...

Do you belong to the tourist industry of Aruba... or to some government agency in Aruba..., or to the mop-up squad of Aruba? :rolleyes:

They don't affect me deeply at all. But I still don't see why folks are so defensive of Aruba...

Do you belong to the tourist industry of Aruba... or to some government agency in Aruba..., or to the mop-up squad of Aruba? :rolleyes:

Well apparently it does affect you, since you would not visit there because of the "murdered" girl...who btw has not been officially declared dead or murdered. Lots of people thought they knew what happened to Elizabeth Smart too huh?

No I do not belong to the tourist industry of Aruba. I do feel I have common sense and can see when the media has blown a story all out of proportion. I like to think for myself and put a lot of faith in common sense. For instance, I would not get plastered in a bar in a foreign country and leave with 3 locals...nor would I let a friend do that.

Now...would YOU care to address the facts I gave you about Mexico?? YOU are ready to "boycott" aruba over ONE person, yet we have 43 missing fellow Americans, many of whom probably did not get drunk and leave with locals. IF you do want to boycott places over crimes or problems, I would hope you would be consistent and rational about it ?? So....can you explain why you brush off the stats about Mexico yet worry so much about little safe

Aruba??

thanks

Pardon me but what sort of mentality is that, boycott Aruba cuz a girl was murdered. If that is how you feel then you must hang out at home alot cuz murder is happening everywhere, even in the good ole US of A, and in Canada where I am. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Aruba. It is absolutely beautiful and the people equally so. Can't believe people think like that.

Archived