Late Seating Time Change on Freedom

I haven't read this entire thread, but when we sailed on the 9/24 - 10/1 sailing, early was at 6PM and late was at 8:30 PM. One thing I have to say is that they may have pushed late seating back bc they couldn't turn the dining room around in time. Part of the problem that I saw was that people were showing up after 7PM for EARLY seating dinner. One night one of the waiters in our section had all 5 of his tables empty, then at about 6:45 people started to show up. (We were already done with our soup by then!). The last table showed up at 7PM. This poor guy was scrambling all over the place to get them what they wanted in 1/2 the time.

I feel RCL should close the doors at 6:30 like Celebrity does. I am sure this will help with the problem some what. - Just my opinion though.

I think the problem is that customer service has not been caught up on what is actually happening on the ship. Dont forget I was speaking directly to guest relations right on the freedom and they gave me all of this information.

Customer service has not yet confirmed that there was a problem on the Titanic.

We were on the Brilliance in February and early dining was at 5:30 which was a little too early. We are happy with the 6:00 and 8:30 dining times and wish that RCCL would adopt those times for all sailings from the USA.

If it is true that the times were changed to satisfy European passengers it certainly would be a slap in the face to the US passengers. We understand that Europeans prefer to eat later and if we were on a sailing from Europe we would expect to eat later than is normal for us.

We certainly do not condone RCCL catering to the European passengers by adjusting dining times on a sailing from a US port. We agree that no one should be permitted to enter the dining room 15 minutes after the scheduled dining time.

Ok I decided to email the cruise director so we could have some definite answers, his was his answer, so its good new and it looks all of our complaints didnt go unnoticed

Hi Janet,

We were doing a test onboard here to see if that would make it easier for

our guests although I am not 100% sure, I think we are changing back to

6:00pm & 8:30pm as of next cruise. So plan on 6 & 8:30pm.

Best Regards,

Ken Rush

Cruise Director

Freedom of the Seas

If the time change was to "accomodate" the early diners who show up late, then wouldn't it make sense to keep the early dining at 6:00 instead of 6:30??? It wouldn't accomplish a darn thing to change the early time also. People will still show up late. I think there are other issues that made them decide to change the times.

For those who think customer service is right...they are wrong. I was on Freedom last week...and although the sea pass cards said 8:30 our actual dinner time was 9:00. Someone is our group lost their card and the replacement said 9:00. It was a last minute decision but it has been changed. Not to say it won't change back, but it was 9:00 when we were on.

For those who think customer service is right...they are wrong. I was on Freedom last week...and although the sea pass cards said 8:30 our actual dinner time was 9:00. Someone is our group lost their card and the replacement said 9:00. It was a last minute decision but it has been changed. Not to say it won't change back, but it was 9:00 when we were on.

Did you put anything on your comment card about the 9 PM time?

I inquired via email if the late seating time had changed, their reply said yes for 10/1 & 10/8 sailings on the FOS - but nothing about whether the change was permanent, which was my real question. I replied back that I was not happy w/the change, neither were the other 9 people at my table. Waiting to hear back . . . will post again.

I inquired via email if the late seating time had changed, their reply said yes for 10/1 & 10/8 sailings on the FOS - but nothing about whether the change was permanent, which was my real question. I replied back that I was not happy w/the change, neither were the other 9 people at my table. Waiting to hear back . . . will post again.

I got the same response and I too told them that I was not happy with that time and I added a link to this thread so that they can see for themselves that I am not alone. I hope that 9:00 PM is not the set time for late dining.

Archived