bon voyage gifts

UPDONEGAL

We have cruised 3x but this is the first with NCL.Hubby and the other couple we are going with are really excited about our 10/22 NCL Dawn to the Bahamasl. The info and tips you all give out has been extremely helpful and I thank you all!!

It will be our anniversary (17 yrs) and my husband's birthday. I was thinking of getting him the birthday pkg, where they send a cake and decorate the room and such-can anyone tell me if it's worth it. I just wanted to do something special-it's only 30 bucks-but I figured I would check since you are all so knowledgeable. thanks is advance!

We have cruised 3x but this is the first with NCL.Hubby and the other couple we are going with are really excited about our 10/22 NCL Dawn to the Bahamasl. The info and tips you all give out has been extremely helpful and I thank you all!!

It will be our anniversary (17 yrs) and my husband's birthday. I was thinking of getting him the birthday pkg, where they send a cake and decorate the room and such-can anyone tell me if it's worth it. I just wanted to do something special-it's only 30 bucks-but I figured I would check since you are all so knowledgeable. thanks is advance!

The decorations and cake really aren't the best value. I would suggest the Anniversary package for $79.....you get a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries in your cabin when you arrive. Dinner for 2 at Le Bistro with another bottle of wine. They also serenade you and give you a small cake at the end of your meal. We always ask them send that cake to our cabin, and enjoy the chocolate fondue at Le Bistro. Also there will be a cake and champagne party with other Anniversary/Honeymoon couples. You also get a free 5x7 photo, and canapes delivered to the cabin another night of the cruise.

You can always bring along a few birthday decorations and tip your cabin stewards some extra $ to put up the decorations and surprise your hubby while your in port/ or out of the cabin one day. Or sneak back and to the cabin while hubby is occupied and decorate it yourself. I've been told that if you want a cake/song in the regular dining rooms for a birthday celebration just stop by the front desk and they will give you a card that you give the matree'd or possibly your waiter in the dining room.

Agreed on the birthday decorations. It seems like a lot of money for a Happy Birthday banner, a few balloons and a cake. I have a couple of pictures of our birthday cabin if you'd like to see them:

2888489070085075047OksqTe_th.jpg

I think the Anniversary Package is a better deal for the money, but keep in mind that this would be done when you come into the cabin for the first time. If that's important to you, it might be the way to go.

:)

Thanks so much for the input-will have a great time no matter which way I go. Would probably do the anniv. pkg if we were not with another couple, as I would not want to leave them and go to the Bistro without them. thanks so much again!

Thanks so much for the input-will have a great time no matter which way I go. Would probably do the anniv. pkg if we were not with another couple, as I would not want to leave them and go to the Bistro without them. thanks so much again!

Your friends could get the package for themselves, or just join you for the dinner at LeBistro.......they would just pay the normal fee for the restaurant.

Hi, Just an fyi on the decorations. Its really fun to see them when you open the cabin door for the first time. After that, it really just kinda makes a mess of confetti in your room. Also, they don't always decorate on the first day and on our last cruise, they forgot to decorate all together.

I definitely recommend the Anniversary package though.

Have fun!

We have cruised 3x but this is the first with NCL.Hubby and the other couple we are going with are really excited about our 10/22 NCL Dawn to the Bahamasl. The info and tips you all give out has been extremely helpful and I thank you all!! !
Hi, I am also on your sailing. Why dont you Hop over to the Roll Call for this sailing.

Click here: Dawn 10/22/06 Anyone else going? - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Archived