Just back from back to back Valor

enester

Enester, Did you find that everything was the same from week to week, as the Shows, The CD jokes and food on the same nights ? We did the Destiny B/B and everything was the same. So from now on we will change ships to do a B/B.

Padutchman, the show "types" were the ame - but, for example, the comedians had changed - and there was a different hypnotised (this could have been happen-stance). The food was very similar (though there was a couple variations). Activities changed some, at least when they happened because there were a different number of sea days. But overall I think you're right, very similar. What we did was "casual" ourselves through the two weeks. We didn't see all of the shows, nor try and make all of the activities (for example, we went to auction activities the first week and did other things like took in a tea the second).

It's an interesting idea to change ships - I wonder if they do VIP boarding for a ship swap???

enester

Enester,

Do you suggest I find the asst CD to set up a plan for our tendering in Belize on embarkatin day or the first day at sea so that its set up beforehand????

And its Kelly that I want to speak to right????

Thanks,

Cindee

Enester,

Do you suggest I find the asst CD to set up a plan for our tendering in Belize on embarkatin day or the first day at sea so that its set up beforehand????

And its Kelly that I want to speak to right????

Thanks,

Cindee

Hi Cindee,

Yes, I would do it early (talk to Kelly). You don't want it hanging over your head that day. I found her very approachable and would be surprised if you got anything but a positive response..... of course, I could be sending so many CC folks over that the situation may change :o - but I doubt it.

enester

This may be a stupid question but i may be intrested in doing a back to back cruise soon for my honeymoon but i was wondering do you have to disembark and embark again and also do you get a discount or do you still pay the same price for both cruises?? just wondering. Thanks!!:p

Hi Enester,

Nice review. I am booked on the Valor March 4 of '07. Can't wait. Here is a port question. One of the stops is Costa Maya. Is that Cozumel or the port in Cancun? Not sure which.

Also, do they have a wine and dine package on board?

Great price for the JW Blue $80. Since I am doing the Western tour, did you check out the prices for the Blue anywhere else where it was close in price?

Thx, Helen

This may be a stupid question but i may be intrested in doing a back to back cruise soon for my honeymoon but i was wondering do you have to disembark and embark again and also do you get a discount or do you still pay the same price for both cruises?? just wondering. Thanks!!:p

You have to disembark and embark again, but they (pursers office rep) walks you - and anyone else doing the same through the process. It takes less than a half an hour (they'll give you the details in a letter delivered to your room the day before,,, where to meet, time etc)

You don't get a discount - you buy per cruise and reserve the same room. We were however upgraded from a 4B (inside Main) to a 6B (Outside Main). We loved our room (an upgrade is never guranteed). If this is your first cruise, remember your second week you'll be a gold card member and invited to the previous cruisers party - apetizers & free drinks!

enester

Hi Enester,

Nice review. I am booked on the Valor March 4 of '07. Can't wait. Here is a port question. One of the stops is Costa Maya. Is that Cozumel or the port in Cancun? Not sure which.

Also, do they have a wine and dine package on board?

Great price for the JW Blue $80. Since I am doing the Western tour, did you check out the prices for the Blue anywhere else where it was close in price?

Thx, Helen

Hi Helen,

It's the port - not Cozumel.

I'm not familiar with any wine & dine package (???) Not sure what that is. I only know about either ordering wine with your dinner or bringing your own (which I didn't do but told that they rarely charge the $10.00 corkage fee that's listed).

I'm afraid that we didn't do much shopping in Costa Maya (except we bought some vanilla). I don't believe that it will be as cheap as we found in St Maartin. But if you find it, keep in mind that the prices there are negotiable. You can try for a decent price - but be willing to walk. Kind of a hassle, but some people enjoy the game. I ended up buying the vanilla in town, the port shops wouldn't even come close.

Good luck!

enester

Hi Enester,

We just booked for May 07 on the Valor. Our room is right over the Eagles Lounge. Can you tell me anything about this lounge? Type of music and activities it hosts?

I don't want to be over a lounge where we will here loud music with lots of bass all night.

Thanks!!

Hi Enester,

We just booked for May 07 on the Valor. Our room is right over the Eagles Lounge. Can you tell me anything about this lounge? Type of music and activities it hosts?

I don't want to be over a lounge where we will here loud music with lots of bass all night.

Thanks!!

Hi jenni -

The Eagles Lounge hosts karaoke singing there almost every night. When they do have it, it ends at either 11:00 PM or 1:00 AM, though once the ending time was listed as "late". After, before, and on the nights when they don't have karaoke, it's usually empty - except it's where they have the Captains Welcome Party and the previous cruisers party (earlier than karaoke). The art auctions are held there also, but even earlier.....

enester

Archived