Room service on Dawn Princess

molaurie

I'm taking my first cruise Nov.20th on Dawn Princess and can't wait! I have a question about room service. What can you order--for example, the same food that is served in the dining room, just sandwiches, etc. And should I tip the room steward when he brings it, or is this included in our tip at the end of the trip? Thanks!

Depending on who answers the room service phone, sometimes it is possible for non-suite passengers to get items off the dining room menu if the call is placed during the hours the dining room is open. If one calls during the hours that the dining room is open during breakfast, for example, it is possible to get breakfast items from the dining room breakfast menu. Same for dinner. I don't remember trying lunch.

It all depends on who answers the room service phone. Some will place the order for you and some will not. One soon learns who will and who won't.

Depending on who answers the room service phone, sometimes it is possible for non-suite passengers to get items off the dining room menu if the call is placed during the hours the dining room is open.

We do this about one per cruise, and we have never yet been told no. We always check out the menu posted outside the dining room before dinner, write down our order, and order it around 6 pm through room service, and are flexible about when it arrives. It is delivered all at once, not course by course, but it is very decadent and very fun (and free, except for tip).

We do this about one per cruise, and we have never yet been told no. We always check out the menu posted outside the dining room before dinner, write down our order, and order it around 6 pm through room service, and are flexible about when it arrives. It is delivered all at once, not course by course, but it is very decadent and very fun (and free, except for tip).

I remember being able to do this on RCL- it was a LOT of fun for the times you didn't feel like getting dressed, and much more delicious than some club sandwiches or whatever is on Princess' room service menu these days.

When you called to order the room service, how did you phrase it? "Hi, I know you don't actually do this but if you would I'd really appreciate it" or what? I am definitely going to try this on our next cruise, thanks for any advice!

I remember being able to do this on RCL- it was a LOT of fun for the times you didn't feel like getting dressed, and much more delicious than some club sandwiches or whatever is on Princess' room service menu these days.

When you called to order the room service, how did you phrase it? "Hi, I know you don't actually do this but if you would I'd really appreciate it" or what? I am definitely going to try this on our next cruise, thanks for any advice!

We usually say something like "Hi. I'd like to order something off the [breakfast, lunch, or dinner] dining room menu." Then the person answering the room service phone will either say it can't be done or take the order.

We usually say something like "Hi. I'd like to order something off the [breakfast, lunch, or dinner] dining room menu." Then the person answering the room service phone will either say it can't be done or take the order.

one of the tricks here is to know the exact names of the dishes on that night's menu. Calling it Beef Wellington or Trout Almandine gets you a couple of points with room service.

Archived