Murder Mystery Dinner Questions and Poll (merged)

ckrobyn

Which ships have Murder Mystery Dinners?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which ships have Murder Mystery Dinners?

• Freedom/Adventure
    • Explorer/Navigator
    • Mariner/Voyager
    • Brilliance/Jewel
    • Radiance/Serenade
    • Enchantment/Grandeur
    • Legend/Rhapsody
    • Splendour/Vision
    • Majesty/Monarch
    • Sovereign/Empress

I know that there was a MM dinner on our Radiance sailing in 2005 - I have not heard of any since (although I am quite sure there have been some!)

I was hoping someone who had recently done the 6 night Radiance would be able to shed some insight here.....:confused:

It's been seeming in the latest rounds of reports that they've been having the Mystery Dinners (on the ships that have them) on the first night. This is, according to the staff I talked to) unusual. Personally, as much as I loved it and would do it again, I really wish it had been on a later night.

On Explorer, I got the impression that it is held, at the very least, every 9-nighter and probably every 5-nighter. Navigator's mileage may vary.

There's been so much interest in the crew-run Mystery Dinners (various "mysteries", $49.50pp in Portofino's (other venues??) that I figure I'd just ask.

I'm only allowed 10 options, so I'm pairing up ships (if you could specify which of the pairing you're talking abou in the thread, that would be fabulous.. )

Recent cruisers, if you're not sure, can you take a look in your compasses?

Note: this does not refer to the full-blown mystery cruises, just the dinners run by the ship.

Yes it is true, it is the first evening at Portifinos. It was one of the best murder mysteries we have been to. You start on Deck 14 in the cosmopolitan club then move down to Portifinos during the 2nd half. It is $49per person. and we would do it again in a heatbeat! There is a prize they give out at the end. They take the group of people who chose the killer correctlly and randomlly pick one of them and you get a very nice prize pack. Kenny won it on our sailing. I do have a couple of pix of it in my album below. They are pretty dark though.

I voted first. explorer definitely does. It's the "Curse of the Dark Star Necklace". It was held the first night (9/22/06) in Dizzy's/Portofino's for $49.50pp.

When you say the first night, did you mean embarcation night or the night of the first full day at sea? and How did you sign up for it? This is the 5 day to Bermuda, right?

I was on the Explorer this past July and attended the Murder Mystery dinner, which then was held the 2nd night (Sun.) of the 9 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. It was an absolutely wonderful night. As long as they have different plots to solve, I would love to do it again this coming July on Explorer. Since that time, they might have changed the night. I would not have wanted to do it on the first night.

When you say the first night, did you mean embarcation night or the night of the first full day at sea? and How did you sign up for it? This is the 5 day to Bermuda, right?

This was the 9-night...and it was the very first night...didn't get to meet our tablemates til the full sea day (i.e., Formal Night). You could sign up for it either in person at Portofino's or by calling them.

Archived